Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? (/Thread-Resmed-Airsense-10-leaks)

Pages: 1 2

Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - mirkee - 07-16-2020

I have had an Airsense 10 Autoset for about five years now and always happy.  Very good sleep scores overall as reported by machine software to my cell phone every day.  Lately, however, I show a lot of mask leaks.  Scores of between 5-10 out of 20.  I used to get higher scores.  I have replaced everything in the last few days: hose, headgear, mask, water reservoir, all to no avail. I have been adjusting my headgear on a nightly basis for about 10 days now, from lose to tight and in between.

1. Is the leak indication a big deal if I'm getting apnea scores of less than 1 pretty consistently?
2. Could what shows as a mask leak be due to a leak elsewhere in the machine itself?
3. I have Medicare with a Blue Cross supplemental.  When am I due for a new machine?

I have been a faithful CPAP user for 30+ years.

Thank you all,

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - mirkee - 07-19-2020

Hoping this generates some interest in my post.  Nobody loves me.  I have unexplainable leaks.

Thank you all,

Mirkee

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - Crimson Nape - 07-19-2020

Large leaks can mask apneas. You need to get them under control. I see you list SleepyHead. It is highly recommended that you upgrade to OSCAR and post a screenshot. I have some helpful links in my signature to help you organize the graphs post them.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - staceyburke - 07-19-2020

When I contacted my supplier after 5 years for a new machine, they told me IF the machine was working could not have a new one. Then they said if you had dropped the machine or got water in it then it would be replaced. It felt like they wanted me to ruin it so I could get a new one.

So I called my sleep Dr that prescribed tha old one. He said I would need a new sleep study but because of COVID they were not doing sleep studies now.

I have a deductible of 250 and I don’t know what the sleep study would cost me. Someone here suggested Supplier #2 from the supplier list on this site.

I purchased a “used” (less than one month used) ResMed 10VAUTO. GREAT machine and great company! 800$ it may have cost a little more but I got it in 5 days and my numbers have never been lower.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - Crimson Nape - 07-19-2020

Great news! Please remember to update your profile.

Thank you.  I only read the report that shows on my cell phone.  I think it's proprietary to Resmed.  I'll do Oscar.  Does Oscar require that I insert the memory card in my computer?  My machine has an SD card in it but I've never used it.  Did not know that leaks can mask apneas.  My leaks are 40 l/min max.  Leaks used to be much less and then suddenly worsened.  I changed masks three times in a week, then changed hose, headgear, water tank and mask.  Still bad readings.  Wondering if machine could be leaking internally and if that would show up as a leak.  I do not feel leaks around the mask.  I'm stumped.  Events per have been consistently less than one.  I had not thought of the fact that there are no sleep studies being done now.  I'm in CA and we are looking pretty ugly as far as Covid.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - Sleeprider - 07-19-2020

The OSCAR software gives us so much more to work with to help solve problems. We can see leaks, how they originate (seal or mouth breathing), your respiratory flow rate response and many more important details. Let us know what mask brand, model and size you are using.

I use a Resmed N20 Large.  I assume that Oscar will show the results on my screen.  How do I do a screen shot to post here?  Sorry to be a pain.  One more idea:  Can I run the machine without the water tank?  If so, how?  Maybe that would eliminate one more source of leaks?

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - staceyburke - 07-19-2020

You need a card in the machine to use OSCAR. Some machines do not give data. They refer those as bricks, they only give compliance data to the provider. What model do you have? You have to have a special door to run without the tank. Screen shot is the F12 button in OSCAR.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks? - OpalRose - 07-19-2020

mirkee,
We will be able to tell from the leak rate graph if your mask is the problem or if you are mouth breathing.  

Once you have set up OSCAR, follow the links in my signature line for guidance on taking a screenshot and posting here.  

There is a cover your can buy and put in place of the humidifier, but I would wait to see what your charts show us.  It's highly unlikely the leaks are coming from the humidifier.