Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Humidifier Issue - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Humidifier Issue (/Thread-Humidifier-Issue--29770)

Pages: 1 2

Humidifier Issue - knockknock - 07-16-2020

I have been using a CPAP for about a year now.  I was given a Dreamstation APAP and a Resmed P10 mask.  

For the first 8ish months I would fill the humidifier nightly and in the morning it would be nearly empty.  The past few months it will take 3 or 4 days to be at the same nearly empty level.  It is driving me nuts because I wake up every morning so dry.  I have felt the water and it does seem to be getting hot.  I have played with all the humidity and heated tube levels but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I assume there is something going on beyond an issue with the machine.  I attached a report from a night in Oscar.  

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks

RE: Humidifier Issue - Sleeprider - 07-16-2020

It's summertime in the Northeast, and your machine will evaporate less water due to higher relative humidity. Every thing is fine. Your events are substantially obstructive, and you need to increase the minimum pressure to at least 8.0 to knock down events.

RE: Humidifier Issue - Sleepster - 07-16-2020

Is your bedroom air conditioned?

RE: Humidifier Issue - knockknock - 07-17-2020

(07-16-2020, 08:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It's summertime in the Northeast, and your machine will evaporate less water due to higher relative humidity.  Every thing is fine.  Your events are substantially obstructive, and you need to increase the minimum pressure to at least 8.0 to knock down events.

I have had this issue for a while now, definitely during the winter as well so I do not think humidity could be a factor.  I also have central air in my house so it shouldn't be that humid in here in the summer either.

You say increase pressure to at least 8, how will I know to increase it more or just stop at that level?

RE: Humidifier Issue - Sleepster - 07-17-2020

(07-17-2020, 09:32 AM)knockknock Wrote: You say increase pressure to at least 8, how will I know to increase it more or just stop at that level?

After a few nights at a pressure of 8 post your OSCAR charts here in this thread. You will then get advice about additional changes if needed.

For the humidifier, I would try a new water chamber and see if that makes a difference. Set the humidification as high as you can without getting rain out.

RE: Humidifier Issue - ardenum - 07-18-2020

I know that very well, I also run out of water in the middle of the night.

RE: Humidifier Issue - SleepMonger - 07-18-2020

Do you have deposits building up in the tank?   Use straight vinegar and some scrubbing to knock them back. 

Is your heating element working?   Put a small amount of water in the tank and crank up the heat.    Try not to run a lot of air over it, and then test/feel (carefully) if the plate is warm.   

I swear by my dreamweaver cloth mask.   One of the benefits is that it traps the moisture and naturally humidifies the air.   I rarely use a humidifier unless I'm in a very dry climate.

RE: Humidifier Issue - ardenum - 07-23-2020

(07-18-2020, 07:16 AM)SleepMonger Wrote: Do you have deposits building up in the tank?   Use straight vinegar and some scrubbing to knock them back. 

Is your heating element working?   Put a small amount of water in the tank and crank up the heat.    Try not to run a lot of air over it, and then test/feel (carefully) if the plate is warm.   

I swear by my dreamweaver cloth mask.   One of the benefits is that it traps the moisture and naturally humidifies the air.   I rarely use a humidifier unless I'm in a very dry climate.

You mean sleepweaver? or are we talking about some custom philips dreamwear mod?

RE: Humidifier Issue - Sleepster - 07-23-2020

(07-18-2020, 06:47 AM)ardenum Wrote: I know that very well, I also run out of water in the middle of the night.

Maybe the heater is broken.

RE: Humidifier Issue - knockknock - 07-24-2020

(07-17-2020, 11:10 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 09:32 AM)knockknock Wrote: You say increase pressure to at least 8, how will I know to increase it more or just stop at that level?

After a few nights at a pressure of 8 post your OSCAR charts here in this thread. You will then get advice about additional changes if needed.

For the humidifier, I would try a new water chamber and see if that makes a difference. Set the humidification as high as you can without getting rain out.

Last 2 nights are attached.  Thanks again for all the help.