Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
celsius vs fareheight setting - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: celsius vs fareheight setting (/Thread-celsius-vs-fareheight-setting)

Pages: 1 2

celsius vs fareheight setting - Dugy40 - 07-25-2020

everything on my resmed airsense 10 is set to farenheight. but in oscar under machine settings it says 27 degrees celsius.how do i change it? ty Doug

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - Sleeprider - 07-25-2020

I don't think the development team ever incorporated a conversion preference. Part of that is because most of the development team has been from other parts of the world than the U.S. I suppose it could be put into a future version, but this is the first time I have seen the issue raised.

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - OpalRose - 07-25-2020

I also have Fahrenheit set on my VAuto, but OSCAR reads it as Celsius.

It's not a big deal to me, but thought I'd mention it since Dugy noticed the same.

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - sptrout - 07-25-2020

I checked quickly and I could not find any temperature readings in OSCAR. Obviously, I am missing something, or a setting. What temperature is it measuring?

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - OpalRose - 07-25-2020

Edit:
It's the humidity temperature setting.  In the Clinicians menu> essentials > a choice is given under temperature to select Fahrenheit or Celsius.

OSCAR reports it as Celsius.

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - SarcasticDave94 - 07-25-2020

Unless I'm missing something, the only thing on a PAP to report temperature would be the heated hose setting. I'm certain there is not a setting for changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit on OSCAR. To me it's a non-issue, as I would know what setting I'm running the heated hose. And as was mentioned, I think the display showing C is based on the prior reporting tool SleepyHead and worldwide use except for the US using metric.

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - Dugy40 - 07-25-2020

(07-25-2020, 11:22 AM)sptrout Wrote: I checked quickly and I could not find any temperature readings in OSCAR. Obviously, I am missing something, or a setting. What temperature is it measuring?

It’s under machine settings.  27 degrees Celsius.  My machine is def set to Fahrenheit thought.  No biggie.

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - Dugy40 - 07-25-2020

(07-25-2020, 11:22 AM)sptrout Wrote: I checked quickly and I could not find any temperature readings in OSCAR. Obviously, I am missing something, or a setting. What temperature is it measuring?

[attachment=24971]

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - sptrout - 07-25-2020

(07-25-2020, 11:51 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:

It’s under machine settings.  27 degrees Celsius.  My machine is def set to Fahrenheit thought.  No biggie.

Thanks all!

I checked OSCAR and it said that my "Temperature Enable" is "off". If that is the tube temp then off is normal since I only use the humidifier tank/hose 2-3 months a year. I use the ResMed bypass module most of the year.

RE: celsius vs fareheight setting - pholynyk - 07-25-2020

I think the only place it shows up is in the temperature setting for the climate control.

In my STR.edf file the units are degrees Celsius, which would be correct for Canada. I guess I assumed that if the user had selected Farenheit for the onscreen display, the STR.edf file would show that also, but apparently not?