Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? (/Thread-How-stop-change-of-view-duration-when-clicking-dragging-to-check-time-intervals)

Pages: 1 2

How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - 2SleepBetta - 07-27-2020

On my older computer's earlier version of OSCAR--and I believe it's true on my newer unit with the current OSCAR version--a click, hold and drag between two things of interest, so as to see the time interval between them, causes the view window to expand and show only the entire time interval between the first click and the release of the click. Is there a setting or key shortcut to allow checking time intervals by click and drag without expanding the window?

Sure, one can note the two cursor-position times for the interval endpoints, as are shown on the bar at the screen bottom, and do the arithmetic to measure the time interval without changing the duration of the OSCAR view window. That's what I do if I do not want to have to reset the view range I want. Tedious. Just thought I  should ask the question.

I've tried doing the click and drag within the graph area entirely and within the numbered time ruler area below the graph, have done those checks with and without holding down the SHIFT and the CTRL keys--not yet trying holding both down at once while clicking and dragging.

The present behavior I describe is very useful for choosing a range to view full width; its purpose no doubt.

The version and work prompting this now is when using this OSCAR version:    [attachment=25007]

RE: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - Sleeprider - 07-27-2020

There is a feature, I just learned about from GuyScharf.  Pop-out graphs.  It is not documented in our help files, and that needs to change.

Quote:If you right click on the context menu for any graph, one of the options is to popout the graph.  That option creates a new window containing just that graph.

Some features that you may not know:
  • The popped-out graph is live --  you can zoom, move within it, etc.
  • If you popout another graph, the popout window is expanded and the newly popped out graph is placed at the bottom.  Example attached.
  • You can intermix Daily and Overview graphs in the popout window.

For example, you can compare multiple nights of flow rate:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24977]

Or zoom into multiple flow rate sections and assemble images like this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24398]

RE: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - sawinglogz - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 03:03 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote: a click, hold and drag between two things of interest, so as to see the time interval between them, causes the view window to expand and show only the entire time interval between the first click and the release of the click. Is there a setting or key shortcut to allow checking time intervals by click and drag without expanding the window?

No, but that's a good idea. I've just gotten so used to zooming back out again that I've gotten used to this annoyance. (Pinch-to-zoom on trackpads is great!) Maybe right-click dragging could be used to measure without zooming in...

p.s. There should be no reason to run such an old version of OSCAR (1.0.1) any more!

RE: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - GuyScharf - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 07:50 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is a feature, I just learned about from GuyScharf.  Pop-out graphs.  It is not documented in our help files, and that needs to change.

fwiw, the second example was created using Photoshop, not using pop-out graphs.  Pop-out graphs are far, far easier than Photoshop!

RE: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - Sleeprider - 07-27-2020

I wondered if you had spend a lot of time doing that composite. How disappointing to hear it remains difficult.

RE: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - Gideon - 07-27-2020

I haave asked Guy to see if he can add this as a feature to OSCAR. I can see how we can benefit from a night's view of 10 or 15 minute duration successive flow rates. Some method of saying all night, 10 minute Flow rate and go, image generated. Thus any chart, any duration and image is generated. No pressure Guy.

RE: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - sawinglogz - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 09:09 AM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 03:03 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote: a click, hold and drag between two things of interest, so as to see the time interval between them, causes the view window to expand and show only the entire time interval between the first click and the release of the click. Is there a setting or key shortcut to allow checking time intervals by click and drag without expanding the window?

No, but that's a good idea. I've just gotten so used to zooming back out again that I've gotten used to this annoyance. (Pinch-to-zoom on trackpads is great!) Maybe right-click dragging could be used to measure without zooming in...

It turns out right-clicking is used to drag the charts side to side.

So in the next version of OSCAR (after 1.1.1) you'll be able to hold down "shift" while selecting a range, and it won't zoom.

RE: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - GuyScharf - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 10:50 AM)bonjour Wrote: I haave asked Guy to see if he can add this as a feature to OSCAR. I can see how we can benefit from a night's view of 10 or 15 minute duration successive flow rates. Some method of saying all night, 10 minute Flow rate and go, image generated.  Thus any chart, any duration and image is generated.  No pressure Guy.

A continuous 10 minute flow rate of an 8-hour night would require 48 graphs.  I don't think that's the best way to accomplish what you want.  Longer term, we need a better way to submit a day for analysis.

In terms of future features, we should probably add a strip chart report similar to official ones. For example, PRS1 waveform reports show 1 hour per landscape page (6 minutes per row, 10 rows).

That will presumably take some coding, but will also help when people want to have their doctor review a specific day.

RE: How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? - Gideon - 07-27-2020

good point Guy.