Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Pressure] AHI varies from night to night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night (/Thread-Pressure-AHI-varies-from-night-to-night)

AHI varies from night to night - KKBW - 07-31-2020

I am new to the forum and CPAP, having been diagnosed two months ago with an AHI of 49.5.  This forum has helped me to make adjustments and was able to bring my AHI down to what I thought were good levels.  The last several days, however, my numbers have been increasing and I don't know why.  I tried turning off the FLEX and ramp last night but that seemed to make things worse.  I seem to be sleeping okay for about four hours each night and then wake up and have a hard time sleeping the rest of the night.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[attachment=25137][attachment=25138]

RE: AHI varies from night to night - brianc18t - 07-31-2020

Have you tried a higher pressure?  Maybe like 9 min 12 max or something in that range?  Obviously everyone is different but 7 was not high enough for me and is pretty low.  10 was better but I settled in at 12 and my max is usually set to 15.

RE: AHI varies from night to night - KKBW - 07-31-2020

I started out with higher pressure and found it very uncomfortable, but perhaps I just needed to get used to it. I also was having a lot of CA's, and concluded that the pressure might be too high after reading here. I also noticed that most of my CA's seemed to be at times that I thought I was actually awake (I'm not sure if that's normal). When I lowered the pressure my CA's went down. I really haven't had a lot of OA's until the past few nights, and last night was the first adjustment I have made in over a month. I typically sleep 7.5 to 8 hours per night, and my OA's have been 1,0,0,2,3,16,6 and 56 the past 8 nights. My hypopneas have been in the 20's each night, which seems high also.

RE: AHI varies from night to night - Gideon - 07-31-2020

Watch your chin, it's tucking to the point where it is causing obstructive events, and that is throwing everytining off. Look at the Soft Cervical Collar lonk in my signatureand if this is now typical you need to get one. FYI pressure will NOT fix this, at least until you go well above the 0.68psi your machine is capable
of and is absolutely not recommended.

Any changes in your pillow or anything?

RE: AHI varies from night to night - KKBW - 07-31-2020

No, I haven't had any changes to pillow. I was wondering if the collar might help. I often have clusters of HA's and CA's, but my OA's have been low until the past few days.

RE: AHI varies from night to night - Bravo8 - 07-31-2020

I vary from .4 to 2.5 AHI. Usually 1.0 or lower. 1 night it will be .4 and the next night 2.5 and the 3rd night 1.0. Anyone know what causes this vari of AHI? Use a S-10 with Epr on and pressure on 16.0. No changes i my health or feelings before sacking out for 8-10 rs a night.

RE: AHI varies from night to night - Gideon - 07-31-2020

My guess is (I haven't seen enough data, different days showing what is happening) is Central Apnea is being its normal consistently inconsistent self.
The other item is that your chi9n tucking is inconsistent, we want it gone, thus the collar.