Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Symptoms] nightmares - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Symptoms] nightmares (/Thread-Symptoms-nightmares)

nightmares - Mamie05 - 07-31-2020

I have been on full face CPAP for 10 years at pressure 17. Since I started I have lost 35 pounds. Should I ask doc to be put at a lower pressure since I have started having nightmares. I don’t know if I’m getting too much pressure at a lower weight. I’m just thinking if that’s possible!  I hate to go to sleep for the weird dreams.

RE: nightmares - OpalRose - 07-31-2020

Hi Mamie05,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

First, which ResMed are you using? Look at the front of the machine for the name. Hopefully you have a data capable machine.

Are you able to post some data? Download the OSCAR software and then follow the links in my signature line below to guide you.

It could be an adjustment in pressure would help, but it would be best if we can see your chart. Be sure there is an SD card in your machine.

RE: nightmares - SarcasticDave94 - 07-31-2020

Welcome to Apnea Board. I agree with OpalRose. An adjustment is possible, but it's best to do so after seeing data.

RE: nightmares - Crimson Nape - 07-31-2020

Hi Mamie05! - Welcome

Without seeing your sleep data, I would be at a loss to make any recommendation.  Of course having detailed sleep data depends on which Resmed model you have.  If you have one that will provide detailed sleep data, I encourage you to download OSCAR software.  It is free and provides great information about your sleep sessions.   You will also need an SD card or 32Gb or smaller and a way for your computer to read it.  This may involve purchasing a USB card reader.  They are around $15 or less.  Not knowing which model you have, I've listed the various models that provide this data.  It is an excerpt from our Wiki.  Here is the link for the complete topic, http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Machine_choices

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
Resmed Airsense 10 and Aircurve 10
  • Recommended (Full data capability and automatic pressure)
    • Airsense 10 Autoset and AutoSet for Her
    • Aircurve 10 S (Lumis 100 VPAP S)
    • Aircurve 10 ST (Lumis 150 VPAP ST)
    • Aircurve 10 ST-A (Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A)
    • Aircurve 10 VAuto
    • Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS)
  • Acceptable (Full data capability and fixed pressure)
    • Airsense 10 Elite
  • Not recommended (Limited or no data capability)
    • AirStart (all models)
    • Airsense 10 CPAP
    • AirMini

[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
Resmed S9 Series
  • Recommended (Full data capability and automatic pressure)
    • Autoset and Autoset for Her
    • VPAP S
    • VPAP Auto
    • VPAP ST
    • VPAP Adapt (AutoSet CS)
    • VPAP ST-A iVAPS
  • Acceptable (Full data capability and fixed pressure)
    • Elite
  • Not recommended (Limited or no data capability)
    • CPAP SE (Limited or no detailed data)
    • Escape CPAP (Limited or no detailed data)
    • Escape Auto (Limited or no detailed data)

Good luck!

RE: nightmares - Ockrocket - 07-31-2020

As one who used to suffer from constant fatiguing dreams.. you may find, like me, that it is food related, as dreaming seems to be more blood chemistry triggering the brain in to activity.

I found that eating certain things late in the afternoon or evening triggered the dreams for me.
These days I don't eat things like tasty cheese, and some other foods, any later in the day than lunchtime.

It can take some time to work out what the various causes are.. my wife suffers bad nightmares, but she is not a CPAP user, so we are still trying to work out what causes hers.

Perhaps yours may be a combination of dietary changes for weight loss purposes, and a need for less pressure on CPAP support.