Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Shadowpup] ASV Therapy Thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Shadowpup] ASV Therapy Thread (/Thread-Shadowpup-ASV-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

[Shadowpup] ASV Therapy Thread - Shadowpup - 08-08-2020

Hey from flyover country,

The settings are exactly as specified by the sleep doctor.  Results shown below.  Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

Shadow

RE: First Nignt on AirCurve 10 ASV Disappointing - Sleeprider - 08-08-2020

You have obstructive events preventing the ASV from being functional, and I suspect this is positional. At EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 15.0 and PS 0.0 to 15.0 you are experiencing significant clusters of obstructive events. This can be fixed by a soft cervical collar. In the Soft Cervical Collar wiki linked in my signature, we show an example of another member using ASV that had severe obstructive apnea until she added a collar with great success. Please read the wiki and get a collar.

I recommend you change the PS min to 3.0 for comfort. Once you start using a soft cervical collar, this will all change for the better.

RE: First Nignt on AirCurve 10 ASV Disappointing - Shadowpup - 08-08-2020

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll change the pressure today.  I have been and was using last night, the Futuro soft cervical collar 4.5".  I'll tighten that up tonight to make sure my chin can't tuck.  Since wearing the collar, my positional apnea clusters have been minimized.

In spite of the graphed data, I felt better this morning than I have in a long time.  Also I was able to stay in bed longer.  So when I looked at Oacar this morning I was shocked.

Thanks so much for what you and everyone does to help we rookies with this new chapter in our life.  Shadow

RE: First Nignt on AirCurve 10 ASV Disappointing - SarcasticDave94 - 08-08-2020

I'm in agreement with Sleeprider on your ASV. The PS edit should help with comfort along with the collar adjustments to help with the clustered events.

RE: First Nignt on AirCurve 10 ASV Disappointing - Shadowpup - 08-09-2020

Well the results of the tight collar are in.  Not much change from yesterday.  I’ll post screen shots after some morning chores.  Going hand-over-hand through the machine settings I noticed an anomaly. Settings displayed on the OSCAR sidebar right under the AHI banner - min EPAP 5.0 and max IPAP 35.0.  The machine shows EPAP 5 -15, not IPAP.  Is this important?

RE: First Nignt on AirCurve 10 ASV Disappointing - Sleeprider - 08-09-2020

OSCAR calculates the maximum EPAP plus maximum PS to show the potential maximum IPAP. The machine cannot exceed 25 cm so perhaps we should take that up with the development team.

RE: First Nignt on AirCurve 10 ASV Disappointing - Gideon - 08-09-2020

Oops
To be clear of what you described could you include screenshots please.

Fred, you can see it in his first screenshot in this thread. Note the settings summary below the AHI improperly reports EPAP max and instead provides an incorrect IPAP max.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25380]

RE: First Nignt on AirCurve 10 ASV Disappointing - Shadowpup - 08-09-2020

[attachment=25418]
Comfortable sleep, feel OK, able to stay in bed a reasonable time. 

These look like positional apnea.  The collar was very tight all night.  I am using a ramp pillow.  It is very flat and firm.  Perhaps a pillow for my head on top of  the ramp would give my neck some support when I turn on my side.  A movement sensor on my finger shows movement at the beginning or during these positional apneas

A proper fitting collar supports the jaw and chin without being tight. It is important to measure the distance between your jaw and sternum and select a collar height that maintains good airway alignment. A collar that is too tight can impinge on the tissues at the front of the throat behind the jaw, and that is obstructive and must be avoided. You can experience chin-tucking on your side as well as your back, and it is very common. I don't know why you are using a ramp pillow, but maybe try without one, and use a softer pillow without a lot of loft under your head.