Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder (/Thread-OSCAR-doesn-t-remember-SpO2-data-folder)

OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - JimInPT - 08-19-2020

Hi all,

I recently migrated to OSCAR 1.1.1 after over two years with Sleepyhead - love the little fixes and improvements I've noticed.

But one small nit remains: when loading my CMS50F pulseox meter data via the Oximetry Import Wizard, OSCAR never remembers the folder from which I last loaded it yesterday; instead it defaults to my Documents folder every time, requiring quite a few mouse clicks to go to the correct location.

Sleepyhead always opened this last-used folder, making importing today's data simple and fast - is there a way to train OSCAR to do the same?

It's a small niggling problem, and I appreciate all the work to being OSCAR into the world, but thought I'd ask to see what I'm overlooking.

Thanks!

RE: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - sawinglogz - 08-19-2020

What platform are you running on?

I think this is a Qt bug, and we've managed to work around it in some places, but the fix is platform-specific.

RE: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - staceyburke - 08-19-2020

I'm using windows 10 64 and mine never "remembers".

RE: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - GuyScharf - 08-19-2020

I can confirm OSCAR does not remember the last-used folder on an Oximetry wizard import of data file.

RE: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - sawinglogz - 08-20-2020

It looks like this was a SH 1.1 regression.

Guy, try replacing documentsFolder with "" in OximeterImport::on_fileImportButton_clicked().

I think that will leave OSCAR to use whatever the default is, which will hopefully be the most recently used directory. I'm not running Windows, so I can't test that fix myself.

RE: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - GuyScharf - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 08:49 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: It looks like this was a SH 1.1 regression.

Guy, try replacing documentsFolder with "" in OximeterImport::on_fileImportButton_clicked().

I think that will leave OSCAR to use whatever the default is, which will hopefully be the most recently used directory. I'm not running Windows, so I can't test that fix myself.

The most recently used directory is probably where OSCAR was started from, or maybe where CPAP data was stored from.  That's not useful, nor probably predictable, either.  In my test, it was a debug directory.

After an import, the directory that filename is in should be saved in a preference file and reloaded when the oximetry wizard is next imported.

RE: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - pholynyk - 08-20-2020

I'd suggest saving the lastImportFolder as part of the machine profile... I'm not sure where we keep the last SDcard path... but ideally this should be similar. That is, the import path could be different for each machine, so it should be saved with the machine data.

RE: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - GuyScharf - 08-20-2020

sawinglogz: I will be adding some other data to the machine data, so I can go ahead and do this at the same time if you wish.

RE: OSCAR doesn't remember SpO2 data folder - GuyScharf - 08-21-2020

The next version of OSCAR will remember your oximetry import directory.