Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled) (/Thread-Finally-SUCCESS-after-almost-giving-up-on-CPAP-retitled)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - Computerdoc - 09-06-2020

Last night's results.  I feel a little more tired this morning.  Not sure yet how I will deal with the leak problem.

[attachment=26292]

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - Crimson Nape - 09-06-2020

There is a saying in tactical training, "You can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight".  The same type of analogy applies for leaks in CPAP therapy.  You really need to get the major leaks under control before you try to address anything else.  It appears that your settings  have a good foundation.

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - Computerdoc - 09-06-2020

Feel today more like the old days before we started tweaking my pressures.  Cranky, worn out.  Feels like a setback.

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - multicast - 09-07-2020

You can't expect any therapy in presence of those massive leaks.  They are most probably mouth leaks.  So either you keep your mouth shut or us a FFM.  The data the machine deliver are worthless too in that case.

Mike

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - Computerdoc - 09-07-2020

Last nights data:

[attachment=26318]

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - staceyburke - 09-07-2020

You need to keep working on the leaks! Check the link at the bottom of my reply for a collar. And sleeprider suggested a Knightsbridge double chin strap from suppler #37. I don't know what you have tried but you do need to do something other than what you are doing.

You are using a VAUTO, most people leave the top number at 20. If you do not need the pressure that high the machine will not go that high. It is in auto mode. The bottom number is where it should be - very few (one) H so you don't need to raise it. I think the top number should be higher, however, sleeprider gave you 15 of a top number and he is excellent so wait for him to answer.

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - Sleeprider - 09-07-2020

I agree that the leak rate needs sorted. We can still see that respiration varies peak to peak. Using the Advanced View in OSCAR we can see fluctuations in respiration by viewing the tidal volume and minute vent lines.

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - Computerdoc - 09-07-2020

Cervical collar ordered. Thanks!

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - Computerdoc - 09-08-2020

Last night's data.  Pretty terrible night's sleep.  Couldn't go to sleep, reduced minimum pressure back to 8.0 and fiddled with the hose temperature. Very tired this morning.  Wife awoke before me (as she always does) and said the nasal cushion was leaking terribly under my nose, but my mouth was closed.  Thinking of ordering a nasal pillow nosepiece from Amazon and trying that.  Also ordered a soft cervical collar that I'll get tomorrow.

[attachment=26347]

RE: New member, please help me interpret results - staceyburke - 09-08-2020

Your numbers look ok, and you are on the right path for stopping leaks. I would try ONE of the 2 options. first the Pillows (your wife said your mouth was closed) and see how that works. If you still have large leaks go for the collar.