Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Software - ResScan detailed data? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Software - ResScan detailed data? (/Thread-CPAP-Software-ResScan-detailed-data)

Pages: 1 2

Software - ResScan detailed data? - tigntaz - 03-30-2013

Hi I downloaded the software (thanks) for my S9 and noticed the only data was summary and no detailed. How can I get detailed data?

thanks

RE: Software - trish6hundred - 03-30-2013

Hi tigntaz,
I'm not sure but I think you have to go into your settings on your machine and change it from summary data to detailed data.
hang in there and someone who is more certain on that will be able to help you soon
Best of luck to you.

RE: Software - jgjones1972 - 03-30-2013

Go into the Clinical Settings (hold double check mark button and knob button down simutaneously for 3 or 4 seconds), then turn the knob to highlight the little pad, pencil and 2 check mark icon. You should see "Sleep Quality" in the menu. Click knob, turn knob to highlight "Sleep Quality", click knob again and turn knob till it says "on". Exit menu and done.

Sleep-well

RE: Software - tigntaz - 03-30-2013

(03-30-2013, 02:22 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Go into the Clinical Settings (hold double check mark button and knob button down simutaneously for 3 or 4 seconds), then turn the knob to highlight the little pad, pencil and 2 check mark icon. You should see "Sleep Quality" in the menu. Click knob, turn knob to highlight "Sleep Quality", click knob again and turn knob till it says "on". Exit menu and done.

Sleep-well

Cool thanks for your help. Got it changed.

Will this affect the information that my Dr needs to read per insurance etc?

Also what is EPR Level? mine is set at 2 thanks.

RE: Software - Ugly - 03-30-2013

(03-30-2013, 02:22 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Go into the Clinical Settings (hold double check mark button and knob button down simutaneously for 3 or 4 seconds), then turn the knob to highlight the little pad, pencil and 2 check mark icon. You should see "Sleep Quality" in the menu. Click knob, turn knob to highlight "Sleep Quality", click knob again and turn knob till it says "on". Exit menu and done.

I have to agree here. When I brought home my AutoSet the other day the Sleep Quality option wasn't activated either. I don't know what was running through my DME's brain but each person who brings home a new machine (or any time you take it in for adjustment, service etc) should check the settings carefully after bringing it home because you never know what "they" may have done to it.

Worst case scenario, the ResMed S9 line apparently has a setting referred to as "Essentials" which gives minimal information. It's the "idiot" mode where all you have to do is turn it on and it works. Turn it off and -- it's off. No messing with data or anything, it's apparently supposed to appeal to those who want it straightforward, but in reality you're putting your treatment at the mercy of "them" by not taking an active role. You always have to double check what settings were put on your machine.

In my case I don't know if the Sleep Quality was a glitch, an oversight or deliberate but it was never mentioned to me. I had to find out for myself.

RE: Software - jgjones1972 - 03-30-2013

(03-30-2013, 02:46 PM)tigntaz Wrote: Will this affect the information that my Dr needs to read per insurance etc?

Nope. All the same "Compliance" data will still be there.

Quote:Also what is EPR Level? mine is set at 2 thanks.

EPR is exhalatory pressure relief. It drops the pressure delivered at exhale. If it is set at 2 and your pressure is at 7, then the machine pushes 7 cmH2O of pressure when you breath in, but only pushes 5 cmH2O of pressure when you breath out. 3 is the highes you can set it. It can be turned off also. Some people like it because they feel they have a hard time breathing out against the pressure. Some people don't like it because they find it annoying or they believe it makes AHI worse. Some people use it for a while, then reduce or eliminate it as they acclimate to the pressure. I leave mine off - I think it's annoying and find it hard to go to sleep with the rapid, rhythmic pressure changes. Everyone is different.

Sleep-well

RE: Software - tigntaz - 03-30-2013

Cool, I have to learn about all of this.

Thanks for your help.

RE: Software - Shastzi - 03-31-2013

I don't use EPR but I had already trained myself to straight pressure of about 17 cm using a RemSTAR Plus. (that was a bit rough)
Now I start out at 15cm and don't even feel it after a minute or two.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! Smile

RE: Software - ResScan detailed data? - jpapnea - 05-03-2013

I know the definitions of Flow Limitation and Minute Ventilation in ResScan, but I don't know how to interpret the values I observe in my data. Please help.

Jpapnea

RE: Software - ResScan detailed data? - SuperSleeper - 05-03-2013

(05-03-2013, 08:45 AM)jpapnea Wrote: I know the definitions of Flow Limitation and Minute Ventilation in ResScan, but I don't know how to interpret the values I observe in my data. Please help.

Jpapnea

This might help:

http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interpretation-Guide.pdf