Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New member/user needs setup help and advice. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New member/user needs setup help and advice. (/Thread-New-member-user-needs-setup-help-and-advice)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice. - Gideon - 09-01-2020

The most important thing right now is to get on the machine and post both standard and advanced charts, the advanced because of your low oxygen sats. and we will help you dial it in.
As I said your BiPap will help to improve your breathing.

With that dominate of low O2 sats I feel that it is very important for you to get a recording oximeter.  See the Oximeter Wizard for models OSCAR supports.  I would also like you to monitor in the daytime for now day.  Normally we don't ask about daytime levels but in your case, I would want to validate both the BiPap is handling the desats (or not) and also validate your daytime levels.  This is data that you should have when you talk to your doctor.  The doc you should see is a pulmonologist.  And for sure rake in your sleep test.  It is likely that the doc will not accept the OTC pulse oximeter data but it should be enough to get an official overnight monitoring.  But let's see what you get.

RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice. - staceyburke - 09-01-2020

eBay has a cms 50f Oximeter for 75. I own one works fine, all night O2 reading and is easy to import to OSCAR.

RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice. - Wrenchtwister1 - 09-03-2020

Hello again.
Here is a few screen shots from Oscar.  I didn't feel like I had a terrible sleep but I knew it wasn't great.

if im not mistaken the chart goes wonky and I  start to get bad, when the pressure ramp kicks in.??

I had some air leaks through the night which dried my eyes out terribly, and, I think the humidifier on my machine is not working...really dry mouth.      I felt like I had a leaf blower strapped to me all night. but I made it through...lol
so im not sure what parts I should be posting but here is a couple screen shots..

more.

RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice. - Gideon - 09-03-2020

You are tucking your chin big time
See the wiki in my signature on Soft Cervical Collar that the link to Positional Apnea in that wiki article.

OK. Will do!

On a side note. I don't sleep with a pillow, in order to keep my throat clear.
Is this a mistake?

I will be getting a Cervical collar. That article makes perfect sense.

Thanks!

Collar obtained and will try to post results as soon as I can.

RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice. - Wrenchtwister1 - 09-04-2020

Question...
I breath deeply and long on each breath. It feels like the machine shuts of airflow before I am done inhaling.
Is there a setting to adjust this?

RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice. - Wrenchtwister1 - 09-04-2020

Question...
I breath deeply and long on each breath. It feels like the machine shuts of airflow before I am done inhaling.
Is there a setting to adjust this?