Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Still At It , Mixed Results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Still At It , Mixed Results (/Thread-Still-At-It-Mixed-Results)

Pages: 1 2

Still At It , Mixed Results - DoubtFire61 - 09-01-2020

So, I guess I've been at this CPAP thing for a couple years now. 

The results are mixed.  Time on the mask per night varies from 2 to 6 1/2. AHI's go from 1 to 5-6 and large leaks are always a problem.

I've tried a few more masks, but keep coming back to the Amara View. But even it's fit is iffy at times.  I haven't measured, but I'd swear my face changes size overnight.

My Hypertension is under control, but that required a med change when I started up with PVC's. Now both are under control.

The recurrent sinus and ear infections are still a thing...with CPAP causing the ear infections if I yawn or cough with the mask on.

So are mediocre results the norm?

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - staceyburke - 09-01-2020

You really need to post your OSCER results, someone here could help...

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - DoubtFire61 - 09-12-2020

So I got around to downloading and installing OSCAR. But I don't really know what I should provide in terms of data....

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - staceyburke - 09-12-2020

You want to go to view and down to reset graphs and choose standard. Then take off the calendar, pie chart and the AHI should be at the top of the left column. That's it press f12 to take a screenshot and post. Not to hard. If they need to see other graphs they will ask or to zoom in to a special part of a graph.

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - DoubtFire61 - 09-12-2020

I found the magic page to show me what to post...so here goes.

[attachment=26491]

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - staceyburke - 09-12-2020

There may be some gurus come but if not, raise the min to 7 and the epr 2. That should help the Hypopnea.

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - jaswilliams - 09-13-2020

Your leaks are an issue over 30% of the time over the leak line see if you can fix those

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - sleepyp - 09-13-2020

What have you tried for the leaks?
Your leaks are bad enough that the data measured can’t be trusted.
I tried everything and only a N30i with cervical collar and 2” mouth tape has worked so far.

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - DoubtFire61 - 09-13-2020

Overall, I've tried 6 or 8 different full face masks. Resmed F10/20/30, my current Amara View (L) and a few lesser knowns.

All the Nasal pillows and (can't think of the other terem, but they remind me of hose barbs) are problematic with my deviated septum and other sinus problems. The pillows leak as bad as the full faces anyway. 

To be honest, even on the nights where I do manage to get through with a green dot for large leaks, I don't feel any more rested than if I didn't use it at all.

RE: Still At It , Mixed Results - OpalRose - 09-13-2020

The fact that the leak rate is high while using a full face mask indicates your mask is not fitted properly.

How do you sleep? Are you awakened by the sound of leaking?
What position do you sleep in... back, side or stomach?

Have you read the mask primer?