Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR, not supported machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR, not supported machine (/Thread-OSCAR-not-supported-machine)

OSCAR, not supported machine - dogdog - 09-06-2020

Tried OSCAR for 1st time. It downloaded data OK (apparently).
The overview page said my AHI was 0.0 for everyday for just over a year (would be nice, but suspect something wrong).
Going through help files, found that my machine (ResMeds AirSense 10 CPAP) was not supported.
Never mind, I hope it will get added soon...
However, to the writers of OSCAR (admire and support), would it not be a better experience for the new OSCAR user, to display some kind of "this machine is not supported (yet)" message, rather that to make the user wonder and then go looking for help?
If I go to the 'profile' page, I can see the brand and model, so it should not be too hard?
On the 'Daily' page is see "BRICK! Sad".... What is this meant to be?

Looks like I will continue to analyse data myself.

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - staceyburke - 09-06-2020

A “brick” is a machine that only gives compliance date and no real data that can be studied. The supplier gets the SAME amount from insurance for the brick as they do for the machine that gives data. They make more money from the brick. So that is what they give people who do not know the difference.

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - Gideon - 09-06-2020

We should not be reporting data when there is none. On a ResMed CPAP model that has no detailed data, we should NOT be reporting an AHI of 0.0 or any other value.

There is a difference between a machine that has data and is not supported (Yet) such as the newer F&P models and machines such as this ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP which is not supported because it has no detailed data.

Thanks for the heads up.

Do we need an SD card for this model?

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - GuyScharf - 09-06-2020

(09-06-2020, 10:07 PM)bonjour Wrote: Do we need an SD card for this model?

No, I think I still have an SD card for a ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP here (my wife had one of those before we realized what a brick it was and exchanged it for an AutoSet). I'll check to see that I still have those files.

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - dogdog - 09-06-2020

Whilst I agree that my machine gives less data than previous models, it gives more than just compliance data.
It DOES give daily AHI and leak figures, along with hours/day usage and start/sop times.
If the resscan software can get this data out, why can't OSCAR?
Resscan can also produce graphs and detailed reports

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - dogdog - 09-06-2020

I would rather have a BRICK for free (courtesy of my state government) than pay a fortune for one with bells and whistles for things I don't need.
AND I get money back from my health insurance company.

Bonjour.
If you need a copy of an SD card loaded with data for this machine, let me know where to send it.

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - staceyburke - 09-07-2020

In my opinion, the Brick machine is worthless and I did buy a used one from supplies #2 instead of using the one I had been given by the supplier.  With help from this site I got my events down to <3 from 25 a day.  It was well worth my money to get therapy instead of a smiling face and numbers that had really no meaning.

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - GuyScharf - 09-07-2020

OSCAR does show hours/day usage and start/stop times on the Overview page.

The overall design of OSCAR is to analyze flow and other detailed data closely to help you evaluate therapy efficacy.  The AirSense 10 CPAP model does not provide this data, so OSCAR is unable to do most of the work it would like to do.

This is the reason the ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP is listed as "not supported" in the list of supported machines.

I see that OSCAR incorrectly reports AHI 0 on the Statistics page.  I'll note that as an issue to be examined.

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - Gideon - 09-07-2020

will do.
Rest assured that brick or not we will support you in your journey.
We do know that you have daily summary data, with the other machines we can view detailed data down to the breath by breath level for every breath you take while using the machine. It helps us a lot in optimizing a lot of users therapy. With you it will be a bit more of a trial and error process. For example, We can see the end results, but we can't see the cluster of obstructive events that tells us that you are tucking your chin.

RE: OSCAR, not supported machine - GuyScharf - 09-07-2020

Confirmed: I do have an SD card for an AirSense 10 CPAP machine.