Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to forum and to data analysis - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to forum and to data analysis (/Thread-New-to-forum-and-to-data-analysis)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

New to forum and to data analysis - a2wheelerte - 09-11-2020

My wife has been using a APAP for 6 years. No one has ever reviewed the data or made any changes. She just gets new hoses and masks. Lately things are not working as well for her and we have been asking to get a doctor to look at the data. She just switched to Medicare and we are struggling with the process. So here I am with the ResScan downloaded and the ResMed S9 SD card downloaded. I thought first I would share some 24 hour charts and see if there are any recommendations. She has had one complaint - when she initially puts the mask on it does not provide enough air for a while. She will pull the mask off and breath in so she can get enough air. It takes a little bit for the auto pressure to increase to make it comfortable. Current setting is 4 min and 20 max pressure. Looks like I could increase min to 6 or 7 . But I don't know the techniques. With the leaks periodically she will get woken up .
Not sure of which way to insert or attach reports. I snipped the various reports and put them in a Word doc.

RE: New to forum and to data analysis - srlevine1 - 09-12-2020

You may find that more forum users may respond if you use OSCAR due to most users being familiar with Oscar than ResScan. You might find this link helpful to organize your charts. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Best of luck.

RE: New to forum and to data analysis - Gideon - 09-12-2020

You can request a manual for your S9 via the CPAP Setup manuals link in the black ribbon above and following the instructions.

Please use OSCAR as it is easier to use.
I am a#uming that EPR is not in use

I suggest
min pressure = 7 to give EPR room to work
EPR = 2, full time. To reduce the flow limits. It should also improve comfort

EPR also treats Flow limits , RERAs, hypopneas, and UARS within it's limits

RE: New to forum and to data analysis - OpalRose - 09-12-2020

Your wife's settings of 4-20 are "wide open", and can leave a person feeling air starved.
For the time being, set the minimum pressure to 7cm, with an EPR set at 2.  This will help with comfort.

Most here prefer to use OSCAR software.  If you would download this software and then follow the link srievine1 gave above and then use the attachment feature to post a chart here.  I'm sure you will receive more precise advice.

Order a Clinicians manual for your machine if you haven't done so already.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

EDIT: Bonjour and I are thinking the same.

RE: New to forum and to data analysis - upsman - 09-12-2020

Since you said when she initially puts the mask on she feels starved for air, I'm assuming the ramp feature is enabled.

With such low pressures to begin with, it's not likely ramp is needed. If it's enabled, try turning it off to see if she can tolerate the pressure starting right away.

RE: New to forum and to data analysis - Dormeo - 09-12-2020

I think she will like the recommended changes in her settings, and if you can use Oscar, I think you will get even more advice about how she can fine-tune things.

I see she has a fair amount of leakage. This can be disruptive to sleep. Do you think it bothers her? Does she suspect that her mouth opens during the night?

I also see two breaks in treatment during the night, one of them fairly long. Do you know what those were about? Are breaks like this common for her?

RE: New to forum and to data analysis - a2wheelerte - 09-13-2020

Thank you everyone. I will try the min pressure to 7 and epr to 2. Currently the epr is set to Patient and I don't see anywhere it is available for the patient to easily change the value. I'll just change to 2. The Ramp is off at this time. I also have downloaded the clinician manual and I have checked out the setting available to change. And I will get Oscar installed and review chart link. Thanks

RE: New to forum and to data analysis - Dormeo - 09-13-2020

The clinician manual explains how to access the clinical settings, which is where you can change the pressure. But here's the info you need:

ResMed S9 Series (S9 AutoSet, S9 Elite, S9 Escape Auto, S9 Escape, S9 VPAP S, S9 VPAP ST, S9 VPAP Auto & S9 VPAP Adapt): For Setup Instructions with pictures, click here. Plug in machine and turn the Push Dial until the device is showing the Home position (Home Icon illuminated). In Home position, press the Push Dial and the Setup Menu buttons down simultaneously for 3 seconds. The clinician menu will appear. Select parameter(s) you wish to modify with the Push Dial (push down to select, turn to modify). When done, select the Home choice again from the displayed menu, push down the Push Dial again and the adjustment is saved.

(09-12-2020, 11:32 AM)Dormeo Wrote: I think she will like the recommended changes in her settings, and if you can use Oscar, I think you will get even more advice about how she can fine-tune things.

I see she has a fair amount of leakage.  This can be disruptive to sleep.  Do you think it bothers her?  Does she suspect that her mouth opens during the night?  

I also see two breaks in treatment during the night, one of them fairly long.  Do you know what those were about?  Are breaks like this common for her?

Yes she does have problems with Leaks waking her up. She uses Nasal mask with slimline hose, she gets claustrophobic with full mask. The data I presented happened to include the day she went back to bed for a nap. The breaks that are normal are related to getting up once or twice each morning for bathroom.

I see that the system settings have EPR Fulltime and EPR level at patient. I also found that EPR level is set to 3 in the normal patient settings.
Max Ramp is off.
I changed the Min pressure to 7 and left the EPR level at 3, unless this new info suggests another path.