Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more (/Thread-Tell-me-how-you-ve-Modified-your-P10-to-make-it-VENT-more)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - Rcgop - 09-15-2020

I have proven (at least to myself) that the venting can vary from mask to mask. As much as 4 units.

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - Hydrangea - 09-15-2020

(09-15-2020, 05:22 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hydrangea, it appears you don't have a "venting" problem here.  Big Grin

Apparently not!  LOL Today I was googling this issue, and apparently I posted *the exact same question* here only 4 months ago!  (Weird, because I searched here for "P10 ice pick" before I posted this, just in case someone else may have already asked or possibly mentioned it... and my post didn't come up.)

I have poked 3 holes in each side, each hole bigger than the previous. And I performed 7 minute tests between each addition of a hole (so I can examine them on OSCAR). I'll try this tonight, and hopefully I don't get murdered in a nightmare.

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - Crimson Nape - 09-16-2020

To  make you feel all "warm and fuzzy", I finally found the thread about the P10 vents that I was thinking about.

Link to the thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-EVIDENCE-OF-AIRFIT-P10-VENT-OBSTRUCTION-CAUSING-HYPERCAPNIA

Sleep-well

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - Zorki1c - 09-16-2020

Bigger cushion. If I use a medium p10 cushion I experience problems similar to yours. If I use a large no problems. But on a Swift fx mask I used a medium.

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - Hydrangea - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 09:46 AM)Zorki1c Wrote: Bigger cushion. If I use a medium p10 cushion I experience problems similar to yours. If I use a large no problems. But on a Swift fx mask I used a medium.

I've got gigantic nostrils and am using the largest one they make (Large).

Last night was my 1st night testing out my modified P10. I slept better than I have in a long time, so I would call that a success. I'm going to keep modifying, and keep testing, and check Oscar for how things look. Hopefully a holey P10 is the solution I have been needing.

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - sonicboom - 09-25-2020

I'm curious as to why the Brevida without the diffuser didn't solve your problem since even at low pressures like 6 it is a substantial flow of air out and still extremely quiet. Can you elaborate?

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - Hydrangea - 09-25-2020

(09-25-2020, 07:40 PM)sonicboom Wrote: I'm curious as to why the Brevida without the diffuser didn't solve your problem since even at low pressures like 6 it is a substantial flow of air out and still extremely quiet. Can you elaborate?

Brevida without the diffuser vents air superbly for me. Unfortunately the strong stream of vented air wakes me up throughout the night, resulting in extremely interrupted sleep. 

So far, my modified P10 is resulting in the best sleep I've had in over a year!  I'm so very happy with this!

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - OpalRose - 09-26-2020

Hydrangea,
This is very interesting. I've been tempted to modify my P10 also!

When you have time, can you post a pic of the modified vents?

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - sheepless - 09-26-2020

yeah, this is good news. I'm about to go looking for a straight pin. using a water pik on it works for about 3 days before I get moisture on my upper lip again. let go too long I wake up shakey for a few minutes, even with my newer p10 frame, which truth be told, might be at least a year old. I just hate to throw anything away if it can be maintained without too much effort.

RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more - Crimson Nape - 09-26-2020

Hydrangea,
Would wrapping something like a CPAP intake filter, gauze, or a scotch brite scrubby like material (non-abrasive), around the Brevida's exhaust port not achieve your goal?