Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New CPAP User-Help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New CPAP User-Help (/Thread-New-CPAP-User-Help--30405)

Pages: 1 2

New CPAP User-Help - Steve4cr - 09-18-2020

Hi
I am posting this for my wife who is a new CPAP User on 3rd night. First 2 nights were not bad. She complained of not getting enough air so I incresed her from 6.2 to 7.2. Last nights results were not good. Lots of CA and OA. She woke me up around 3:10 AM with mouth breathing (mouth snoring). She is having a rough time with it and a full face or mouth tape may finish her. She did not have mouth breathing the first 2 nights. We did notice the water tank was empty this AM. Any help would be appricated.
Thanks

[attachment=26657]

RE: New CPAP User-Help - Gideon - 09-18-2020

Welcome,

obviously I am going off her worse night
Her EPR=2 Reduce it to minimize the CA, It is possible the increase in pressure caused the elevated CA. Any CA, Mixed,or complex Apnea in her sleep studies.

My conclusion is that the 3rd night may be the outlier.

RE: New CPAP User-Help - staceyburke - 09-18-2020

You have one of the very best giving you help here (Fred Bonjour), so I won't even try that.   But a couple things about posting charts.  First use the f12 button, it is in the program to make the size of the file correct and gives a higher definition.  2nd there are a lot of setting that we can not see be cause of the Pie chart and calendar.  Remove both.  For the calendar there is a small triangle on the left side of the date that turns it on and off.  Under view you can turn off the pie chart.  

All I can say is to stay with it, it will pay off.  Many of us have worked for a long time to get where we feel better and we are on this site to do that and help others where we can.

RE: New CPAP User-Help - Steve4cr - 09-18-2020

Thanks, no access to the study as of yet. They are not the greatest people.
I will reduce ER

Thanks for that, here is the new one
[attachment=26658]

Pressure Min is wrong in settings. I saw that may be a bug of sorts

RE: New CPAP User-Help - staceyburke - 09-18-2020

Your mask looks good - low leaks, goof job. The events are clustered together and many times that indicate that you have positioned apnea. Meaning you are putting yourself in a position that cuts air off. Like tucking your chin and cutting off air. See my link at the bottom for collars

This is GREAT INFO! My wife who is a small person sleeps with 2 massive pillows. I have told her the neck angle cant be good. We will look into this.

RE: New CPAP User-Help - Gideon - 09-18-2020

These are hints of a chin tuck, these are not very severe. They exist in both the charts you have prevented. IMHO these are not severe enough for me to say definitly get a cervical collar, but based on your previous post a pillow adjustment may be in order. Consider getting something like a Buckwheat pillow as it is firm but very moldable and while more expensive then big box store pillows, they are reported to be comfortable.

We don't hve the reduction of Central Apneas that we would like. So i suggest that you turn EPR off. Also ask her to determine which EPR value feels more comfortable, then ask why?

OK, thanks

RE: New CPAP User-Help - Steve4cr - 09-19-2020

OK here is last night (Friday). I forgot to lower EPR. she used 1 pillow. Wife removed mask complaining she was uncomfortable. 
She also says she seems to be not getting enough air. I need to check her mask fit. Using N20 small.

[attachment=26679]