Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
oscar question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: oscar question (/Thread-oscar-question--30407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Trying to help someone download Oscar. - Dugy40 - 10-04-2020

Trying to help another person.  Asked them to download Oscar.  She says her Apple computer won’t download Oscar. I  Gives her a msg that Oscar has malware.  
 Don’t kill the messenger.   I know it doesn’t have malware but what should I tell her besides what I already told her that it doesn’t have malware.   Told her I’d try and find a solution.  Thank you Doug.

RE: oscar question - Jeff8356 - 10-04-2020

The warning is something along the lines of "This app cannot be checked for viruses/malware because it is from an unidentified developer"???

That is normal now for Mac's and for developers who are not officially part of Apples developer program (which costs $$$).

As long as you downloaded OSCAR from it's official location (use the banner at the top of the page) it is safe to install.
Follow these instructions:
  • On the Mac, open Finder and go to the folder you downloaded the app in (typically Downloads)
  • Hold the Control key then click on the app you downloaded
  • A context window will popup, select "Open" at the top
  • You will get that warning window again only this time it will have an "Open" button
  • Click the Open button
There is a link in my signature that gives more detail with pictures.

RE: oscar question - Crimson Nape - 10-04-2020

If the download was from the link above, the person can ignore the warning. Temporarily turning off their antivirus while downloading is another option.

wierd msg - Dugy40 - 10-07-2020

in detais it say mode/pressure setting guessed this day.  i searched this forum and didnt find the msg. anyone know why? i slept terrible last night. kept breathing through my mouth tape. just thought id ask bout the msg on the left. ty doug[attachment=27210]

RE: oscar question - staceyburke - 10-07-2020

If you start the machine for any reason that is the setting the machine reports. So if you turn it on and adjust the mask and latter change a setting that setting will not show up that day and will give you the message you received..

RE: oscar question - Crimson Nape - 10-07-2020

When OSCAR is unable to read those parameters for that day, it will use the last known parameters and notify you by using that message.

RE: wierd msg - GuyScharf - 10-07-2020

(10-07-2020, 07:30 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: in detais it say mode/pressure setting guessed this day.  i searched this forum and didnt find the msg. anyone know why? ...

It means that for some reason OSCAR does not have the settings data (from the str.edf file) for the day.  We are still trying to determine all the situations in which that can happen, because it normally should not.

Do you the compression options set in File/Preferences?  We have recently discovered one scenario where that can lead to "guessed settings" when rebuilding CPAP data.

RE: oscar question - Dugy40 - 10-07-2020

(10-07-2020, 08:15 AM)staceyburke Wrote: If you start the machine for any reason that is the setting the machine reports.  So if you turn it on and adjust the mask and latter change a setting that setting will not show up that day and will give you the message you received..

Hmm.  Wierd.  I haven’t changed anything.  All I did was run mask fit.  Didn’t change anything. Oh well.  If it’s gone tomorrow no biggie.  Thank you.

RE: oscar question - GuyScharf - 10-07-2020

(10-07-2020, 08:15 AM)staceyburke Wrote: If you start the machine for any reason that is the setting the machine reports.  So if you turn it on and adjust the mask and latter change a setting that setting will not show up that day and will give you the message you received..

In that scenario, the settings shown are the settings in effect the first time the CPAP machine was turned on for the day.  So if you change the settings after the first time you used the machine, the new settings will not be shown on the Daily page.  However, you will not get the "guessed" settings in this situation.  You'll simply see the beginning of day settings without any indication that they were later changed.

RE: wierd msg - malkie0831 - 10-08-2020

(10-07-2020, 09:22 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: It means that for some reason OSCAR does not have the settings data (from the str.edf file) for the day.  We are still trying to determine all the situations in which that can happen, because it normally should not.

Do you the compression options set in File/Preferences?  We have recently discovered one scenario where that can lead to "guessed settings" when rebuilding CPAP data.
I know it is bad form to piggy-back on another thread, but I have seen the exact same behaviour.

I hade been using a ResMed S9 for many years, but this week the Hospital supplied me with a new Autosense 10 to fix a Humidifier fault.

I revisited the "Wireless" possibilities since I had a FlashAir W03 card unused since I tried it on the S9 and abandoned it min frustration.

This works fine with the Airsense 10 since it does not get upset by the hidden files on the card.

Day one I imported from the SD card direct, all was fine. but day 2 I imported data using FlashPAP and I saw the "Pressure values are guessed" message. I am having WiFi issues and think FlashPAP missed the STR.edf file yesterday.

I have now imported the data direct from the card and updated the STR.edf file and Oscar has identified the correct data and the message is gone.

Hope this helps.