Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Headache and throbbing on left side of head - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Headache and throbbing on left side of head (/Thread-Headache-and-throbbing-on-left-side-of-head)

Headache and throbbing on left side of head - Harryl - 04-03-2013

I have had this happen before but tonight I woke up and clearly experienced what was going on. I was sleeping, even dreaming but became aware of a very unpleasant
Pain on the side of my head and woke. I removed my nasal pillows which seemed to be On okay, because the side of my head was really hurting. I touched my hand to the area and it was throbbing inside my skull. After a few minutes it subsided and I was fine. Can anyone tell me what happened, it was quite unsettling
Thanks

RE: Headache and throbbing on left side of head - zonk - 04-03-2013

I don,t know what you,re describing, best see your GP
DocWils will be here shortly, he'll have something to say

At times I wake up with a headache in the middle of night, notice one nostril is blocked, no air passing thru
something to do with nasal cycles Dont-know

RE: Headache and throbbing on left side of head - Moriarty - 04-03-2013

(04-03-2013, 04:48 AM)Harryl Wrote: I have had this happen before ... Pain on the side of my head ... the side of my head was really hurting... throbbing inside my skull. After a few minutes it subsided...

Hi Harryl... This could be nothing - or it could be serious... The reason that I would regard it with some concern is that you say it has happened on a number of occasions.

As Zonk suggested - it could be a good idea to see your doctor - if only to be told it is nothing.

RE: Headache and throbbing on left side of head - Shastzi - 04-03-2013

Dont-know

Sinusitis?
I vote with the rest. See your Doc.

Good luck!

RE: Headache and throbbing on left side of head - PaulaO2 - 04-03-2013

If it were inside the skull, as in not on the scalp, then rush thee to the doc.

If were outside, on the scalp, could be the strap was twisted and pressing against the skin for too long. I took a pain med and slept in the same position all night a few years ago. The strap was twisted and caused a very tender spot. We had to make a wide padding for it for several days until it eased up enough I could tolerate the strap directly.

RE: Headache and throbbing on left side of head - PaulaO2 - 04-03-2013

And just to clarify, we are NOT physicians. Even if one of our members is a physician and not just playing one on the Internet, he/she cannot give out medical advice based solely on information provided in a forum post.

We can provide assistance based on experience and retained information, yes. But direct medical advice or diagnosis, no.

RE: Headache and throbbing on left side of head - DocWils - 04-03-2013

I would say go and see your doc if this is repeating problem and you feel it inside your nasal cavities, sinuses or skull. If outside and it always subsides by either changing position or removing the device, it is possible that either the gear is somehow digging in or hitting a nerve or blood vessel, the pillow causes the nasal pillows to unseat themselves and move into a position that could cause pain, or your sinal mucous has flowed all into the cavity on that side, causing sinus pain, which can feel like something is pushing your eyeball out. But always check with your doc to be sure and to rule out any real problems.

Things to observe for your doctor: Does it happen when you sleep on the other side? Where exactly is the pain, and how long does it take to go away and what position do you assume in order for it to do so. Does it persist if you shift position and retain wearing the nasal device? Are there noticeable marks on the affected side of the head or indentations? Do you use your humidifier at a sufficient setting?