Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Monitoring data wirelessly - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Monitoring data wirelessly (/Thread-Monitoring-data-wirelessly)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - MCS2014 - 11-05-2020

Last couple days, lost connection, 192.168.0.250 doesn't login, don't know what happened. Lost. Running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. Please advise.

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - Sheepish - 11-05-2020

Are you running anything else on your network, like streaming video? I often have to temporarily disable my wireless security cameras before connecting to FlashPAP.

(11-05-2020, 03:13 AM)Sheepish Wrote: Are you running anything else on your network, like streaming video? I often have to temporarily disable my wireless security cameras before connecting to FlashPAP.

Nothing.

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - Jeff8356 - 11-05-2020

Open Terminal on your Mac and type the following command:

Code:
ping -c4 192.168.0.250

Post the results

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - Crimson Nape - 11-05-2020

If your router, that serves as your Wi-Fi access point, was rebooted then your FlashAir can lose its connection. The reboot can occur if you have an automatic update option is tuned on your router. Another thought is if your FlashAir's IP is within the DHCP range on the router. Some routers will purge (renew) the entire IP range periodically. Make sure that you have this IP outside of DHCP range.

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - GuyScharf - 11-05-2020

Try removing the card from the CPAP machine and then put it back in the machine. That will reboot the software on the card and may fix the problem.

(11-05-2020, 09:34 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Open Terminal on your Mac and type the following command:

Code:
ping -c4 192.168.0.250

Post the results

[Image: 7oQaJhS.png]

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - Crimson Nape - 11-05-2020

One packet out of 4 isn't good.  It sounds like you either have a weak or interference in your signal.  Is there a microwave or 2.4GHz home phone in between the FlashAir and your access point?  How far away is your card from your access point?  30 feet is usually the maximum.  Also, the FlashAir only negotiates its handshake with the access point during the FlashAir's boot up.

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - Jeff8356 - 11-05-2020

I would say to try the suggestion that @GuyScharf made and remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP. Wait a few minutes, then put it back in your xPAP. Then try running that ping command again and see if you still get packet loss.

@Crimson Nape also has some good points with distance and interference. The closer your xPAP is to your Wireless Access Point the better for your FlashAir.
Also, if you have a lot of neighbors who run WiFi you can be getting interference from that also. Crowded WiFi channels can lead to all kinds of WiFi issues. And the FlashAir is a low power unit so it's not hard to come across unexpected issues from interference.
Many of those Smart IoT devices (plugs, thermostats, etc.) are 2.4g also. If you have any of those near your xPAP try disconnecting them and see if it works better.

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - MCS2014 - 11-06-2020

(11-05-2020, 03:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: One packet out of 4 isn't good.  It sounds like you either have a weak or interference in your signal.  Is there a microwave or 2.4GHz home phone in between the FlashAir and your access point?  How far away is your card from your access point?  30 feet is usually the maximum.  Also, the FlashAir only negotiates its handshake with the access point during the FlashAir's boot up.

Never had this problem before. I've moved my DW machine to different outlets in the house, the closest  (~6' away) still varies in packet loss from 0.00 to 50%. Is it supposed to be 0.00% continuously? I had the machine in a bedroom well over 30' away and past a microwave, but it worked consistently until the other day. When I move it back to the bedroom, I get 100% packet loss. Why this sudden signal loss? Also, why would my profile disappear?