Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Monitoring data wirelessly - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Monitoring data wirelessly (/Thread-Monitoring-data-wirelessly)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - A KLERK - 01-16-2021

(01-16-2021, 09:31 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: First, can you pull up the FlashAir's IP in your web browser or get a response from the command line using, ping -c3 192.168.2.207?  If not, then the FlashAir is not communicating with the network.

I tried that of course, before I posted. And on my Windows PC it works flawlessly ... with PlashPAP.
[attachment=29171]

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - Crimson Nape - 01-16-2021

I apologize.  Ever since I had that head-cold last year, I've lost what psychic ability I had.  Big Grin   That would have been good to know. You have ruled out the FlashAir connection.   Since your problems are with the Mac communicating, have you tried talking to the FlashAir from it? By chance do you have a guest Wi-Fi network? If so, could your Mac be using it instead of the main one?

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - Jeff8356 - 01-16-2021

As Red mentioned, your FlashAir card lost the ability to communicate with your WiFi network for some reason.  Try removing the FlashAir card from your machine, reboot the network, then put the FlashAir card back into the machine.

There is something odd in the second code block you posted.  There is a line there that got changed: tell application "Script Editor"
which should be: tell application "Finder"

It's unclear how that got changed......
Not sure if this is some Big Sur anomaly or not...

Edit: I would also recommend rebooting your computer

(01-16-2021, 12:00 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I apologize.  Ever since I had that head-cold last year, I've lost what psychic ability I had.  Big Grin   That would have been good to know.  You have ruled out the FlashAir connection.   Since your problems are with the Mac communicating, have you tried talking to the FlashAir from it?  By chance do you have a guest Wi-Fi network?  If so, could your Mac be using it instead of the main one?

Though slowly, I can communicate with the card and see the latest data there:
[attachment=29176]

(01-16-2021, 12:02 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: As Red mentioned, your FlashAir card lost the ability to communicate with your WiFi network for some reason.  Try removing the FlashAir card from your machine, reboot the network, then put the FlashAir card back into the machine.

There is something odd in the second code block you posted.  There is a line there that got changed: tell application "Script Editor"
which should be: tell application "Finder"

It's unclear how that got changed......
Not sure if this is some Big Sur anomaly or not...

Edit: I would also recommend rebooting your computer

Here is exactly what happens. In the script editor can be seen what should happen. Not any reference to "script editor" there! That happens after the first error, saying it cannot find the IP address:
[attachment=29178]
STRANGE!

I have rebooted my MB Air several times...

RE: Monitoring data wirelessly - Crimson Nape - 01-16-2021

OK! Your Mac can talk to the FlashAir. That is a good thing. So now it seems to boil down to your automation script. MacJeff is going to have to take it from here.

Please, can someone have a closer look at the script? On error, it just carries on opening OSCAR needlessly. I do not see anything like goto END.
I tried to change the delay to 10 s, without success...

Jeff????

Very odd indeed!

Have there been any updates to Big Sur recently?  I'm still using Catalina and only have Big Sur in a VM....

The first error that shows for "mount volume" is -10004 which is listed as a privilege error.  It's not real clear why you would suddenly be getting a privilege error.  It may be Script Editor or the CopyCPAP script itself .  Double check your permissions for both in System Preferences > Privacy > Files and Folders (and also Full Disk Access) and see if they somehow got unchecked or removed.

(01-16-2021, 01:51 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Very odd indeed!

Have there been any updates to Big Sur recently?  I'm still using Catalina and only have Big Sur in a VM....

The first error that shows for "mount volume" is -10004 which is listed as a privilege error.  It's not real clear why you would suddenly be getting a privilege error.  It may be Script Editor or the CopyCPAP script itself .  Double check your permissions for both in System Preferences > Privacy > Files and Folders (and also Full Disk Access) and see if they somehow got unchecked or removed.

CopyCPAP.app is listed with full disk access:
[attachment=29180]

(01-16-2021, 01:59 PM)A KLERK Wrote: CopyCPAP.app is listed with full disk access:

Could you try adding Script Editor also to test it....