Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
colors in pdf file - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: colors in pdf file (/Thread-colors-in-pdf-file)

Pages: 1 2

colors in pdf file - warrawagine - 10-05-2020

I am new member in this forum and enjoying it.

I am running OSCAR 1.1.1 on a Linux System. When printing  the summary data colors visible on the screen appear as gray shades in the pdf file.

Is there a possibility to have colors also in the pdf file?

Thank you for your help

Warrawagine

RE: colors in pdf file - sawinglogz - 10-05-2020

This sounds like a driver issue. When I print to PDF on Mac I get the colors. Maybe your printer is configured as monochrome?

RE: colors in pdf file - warrawagine - 10-05-2020

Indeed, I have a monochrome printer connected. However, all other linux programs generate colors in their pdf outputs.
I will check on an linux system without printer.

RE: colors in pdf file - sawinglogz - 10-05-2020

Interesting. What distribution and version of Linux are you running?

RE: colors in pdf file - Crimson Nape - 10-05-2020

I just printed the Daily, Overview, and Statistics screens using the Linux Mint 20 PDF printer. All printed in color.

RE: colors in pdf file - warrawagine - 10-06-2020

I am running LInux Mate 20 with a monochrome printer Brother HL2340D with a driver from the Brother WEB site.

After removing the printer driver pdf output files from OSCAR are in color. When the printer driver is reinstalled the pdf files are monochromatic.
All other programs on my Mate 20 OS produce pdf output files in color when with the monochromatic printer installed.

This is an indication that OSCAR realizes when a monochromatic printer is available and then chooses to print a monochromatic file.

For the time beeing I use OSCAR on a laptop under Mate 19.3 with no printer to obtain colored pdf files.

RE: colors in pdf file - sawinglogz - 10-06-2020

It's possible there's something in Qt that doing that. Could you point us to the Brother driver that you're using? That way me might be able to replicate the behavior to see how to fix it.

I'm wondering if Qt defaults to whatever the actual printer supports, so that we need to force it to use color for PDFs?

RE: colors in pdf file - becker44a - 10-06-2020

I can confirm the issue with non-color printing to .pdf, both on my production setup (OSCAR 1.1.1 under Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon) and my Beta setup (OSCAR 1.2.0-rc1 under Linux Mint 20.0 Cinnamon).  In both cases there is a non-color printer installed (Canon D480 laser).

RE: colors in pdf file - Crimson Nape - 10-06-2020

Out of curiosity, if you set the PDF printer as your default, will this disable the monochrome driver?

RE: colors in pdf file - becker44a - 10-06-2020

Unfortunately, the Pdf printer is not an explicitly installed printer, so it cannot be set as default.  It seems to simply be included in the printer selection list when printing.