Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error (/Thread-Dream-Station-SD-Card-data-copy-error)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - goldpt - 10-15-2020

It seems that Philips Resperonics has for some reason implemented an SD card data feature disallowing an enduser to get the recorded data into sleepyhead or Oscar. (Using their software, you can only upload the data to their server.) Does anyone have the correct, known method of getting the data off the new Dream Station CPAP Sd card so it can be read into Sleephead or Oscar?

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - sawinglogz - 10-15-2020

This is the first I've heard of anything like that.

You generally don't use their software at all. Just run OSCAR, insert your SD card, and click Import.

What kind of errors are you encountering? Are they coming from OSCAR?

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - goldpt - 10-15-2020

When importing from Oscar, the message reads "Couldn't find any valid machine data".

You can view the folders using Windows, but you cannot copy them.
When trying to copy any of those folders you get this:

Moderator Action: Corrupted Image Data Removed

Philips Resperonics is now making it so that you can ONLY use their software to get data off the
SD cards - and you can only upload that data to their web site for viewing.

I've tried changing the SD card properties to "Shared" in Windows, but still cannot get the data.

This is really a problem.

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - goldpt - 10-15-2020

When importing from Oscar, the message reads "Couldn't find any valid machine data".

You can view the folders using Windows, but you cannot copy them.
When trying to copy any of those folders you get a message which says:

"An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the folder. If you
continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help
with this priblem.

Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Philips Resperonics is now making it so that you can ONLY use their software to get data off the
SD cards - and you can only upload that data to their web site for viewing.

I've tried changing the SD card properties to "Shared" in Windows, but still cannot get the data.

This is really a problem. 

(sending this a second time as screen shot did not go through...)

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - jaswilliams - 10-16-2020

Goldpt this sounds like an issue with your windows or the card reader rather than a Philips restriction

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - JJJ - 10-16-2020

You should be aware that when you insert the SD card into a Windows computer Windows will write data to the card. (This only happens with Windows, not with MacOS or Linux computers.) This makes it difficult for some software to read the data on the card. The solution is never to insert the card into a Windows computer without first sliding down the tab along the left edge of the card, which makes the card read-only so that Windows cannot corrupt the data. Be sure to slide the tab back up again before putting the card back into the Dreamstation.

If this is not the source of your problem and it is really true that Respironics has done something to recent model Dreamstations to make it impossible for users to get data off their SD cards into OSCAR, then you need to communicate to the OSCAR team. I have never heard of a Dreamstation where OSCAR cannot import the data, and if it's really true it will be a major event. Personally I had a Dreamstation APAP, and nearly a year after getting it I traded it for a Dreamstation BIPAP, and OSCAR has always imported data from the SD cards in both machines. All I do is push the tab down on the card, stick it into my laptop, fire up OSCAR, and click Import Data. OSCAR looks at all the drives in the computer, including the SD card, and when it finds the folder on the SD card it pops up a little window asking if I want to import the data. I click on Yes, OSCAR instantly imports the data, and then I can look at it.

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - goldpt - 10-16-2020

Jas,

Thank you for the data. Very interesting.

So I will be careful to lock the tab if inserting into the Windows laptop
along with unlocking it when putting it back into the DreamStation.

You probably have excellent connections throughout the CPAP users groups,
so I will be very interested to hear what other new users report about this.

If it turns out that I simply messed up my DreamStation card by
inserting it into my Windows 10 laptop, is there a remedy?

It appears the Phillips Resperonics is trying to direct newer cpap users to
their own on-line information display tools while sabotaging the new user's
ability to use programs such as Sleepyhead and Oscar. I have an older SystemOne
unit without this problem, but this new DreamStation does not seems to allow
data to be read, except by their propitiatory Dream Mapper software on-line
at their sight. If you get their "SD Card Loader" (a free download), it will only
upload the SD card data to their site, but not even allow the end user to copy it,
I believe.

Please verify my statements with another or other newer PR DreamStation users.

Thanks for the data so far.

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - OpalRose - 10-16-2020

If you have a fully data capable machine, there should not be the problem you describe.  Have you tried a new SD card?  They can and often do go bad.  

Also, can you identify your DreamStation from the charts below?  

[attachment=27392]          

[attachment=27393]

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - Gideon - 10-16-2020

Could you make zipped copy of the entire SD card and place it in my Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
I'll make it available to the developers.

RE: Dream Station SD Card data - copy error - Jeff8356 - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 01:52 AM)goldpt Wrote: If it turns out that I simply messed up my DreamStation card by
inserting it into my Windows 10 laptop, is there a remedy?

Both Windows and Mac write hidden files to the SD card when it is accessed.  Using your file utility you can turn on "show hidden files" then have a look at the SD card for any "dot files" (meaning the file name starts with a period).  I don't remember what the name(s) are for Windows, but Mac is usually ".DS_Store".
 It's typically safe to delete those, but I'm not familiar with Phillips machines so if you find something might be safest to ask first.