Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth (/Thread-Feedback-on-Oscar-ReScan-Chart-Dry-Mouth)

Pages: 1 2

Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - Humayun - 10-18-2020

Hello! My mom age 72 used CPAP for a bout a month now after a long break. She doesnot feel comfortable using especially because her mouth get dry and stiffened. She uses 'AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her' with humidifier and a full face mask because her mouth remains open during sleep.

I'd love some input on her OSCAR and ResScan charts that I have attached here to make sure things are looking okay and/or for any recommendations. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and support! 

RE: Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - staceyburke - 10-18-2020

I am not familiar with these type of charts. Looking at the 3rd set of graphs - it looks like large leaks and with a dry mouth I would think it is mouth breathing. You can usually tell on Oscar mouth breathing in the leak chart. If the chart shows a large leak With a flat top is usually mouth breathing. Your chart only showed a large leak.

RE: Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - Dormeo - 10-18-2020

Hello Humayun. You mentioned Oscar charts, but I didn't see any. It'd be great if you could post a typical one, showing the left panel (calendar turned off via small triangle next to today's date), plus these graphs:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.

For dry mouth, some people get relief from Zylimelts. They are small disks that stick to the gum or teeth and stimulate saliva production throughout the night.

RE: Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - Humayun - 10-18-2020

Thanks a lot for responding. There was a limit of three files so I have attached OSCAR Daily View Report for three days when CPAP was used for at least 6 hours. Is this the kind of report view one you were talking about? 

Could you please attach a random report if it is not the one?

Thanks for your time.

RE: Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - Crimson Nape - 10-18-2020

May I suggest that you use OSCAR's F12 key to take screenshots.  It provides a better layout for viewing.

Basically ALL your events happened when you had large leaks. During large leaked the machine can NOT give you enough pressure for therapy. The areas that are gray are large leaks. You have to take charge of the leaks and get rid of all you can before you can do anything else. 

In WIKI 
There is a mask primer that might help

RE: Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - OpalRose - 10-18-2020

Use the instructions in this link as a guide.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=OSCAR_Chart_Organization

RE: Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - Dormeo - 10-18-2020

Once the large leaks are under control and we can see what's going on, I think we can suggest some settings that will work better. But for now, we'd just be guessing.

Do you and your mother live in the same place? I ask, because it'd be useful if you could look in on her once or twice during the night to see the position of her mask.

RE: Feedback on Oscar, ReScan Chart; Dry Mouth - Humayun - 10-18-2020

Thanks for the help. I have taken the screen shots. All the information on the left and right columns are in the attached files for three days when the usage was good- 6 hours or so. 

Normally, my mom would take it off after a few hours of use between 2 - 4 hours and sometimes less. She also gets up in the middle of the night. Not sure why, but she does use bathroom to pee when she wakes up. She has complained about dry mouth too. Does the graph also help indicate any reason what makes her get up like that. 

Thanks all for your great input.

The leaks in the first screenshot is one of the main problems. If there is a gray area that leak is to high to allow therapy. The pressure is what keeps the airways open. With leaks like you show there is no therapy.

The leak chart shows flat tops on almost all the leaks. That shows mouth breathing.

I have a link at the bottom for a collar. Please take a look at it. Another option is a full face mask but they have problems with leak also.

You really can’t do much until they are fixed. But your min is to low for an adult. 6 to 8 is about the minimum for adults. So change the min to 6 and see about leaks. Post again tomorrow