Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Collar and RERA for BonJour - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Collar and RERA for BonJour (/Thread-Collar-and-RERA-for-BonJour)

Pages: 1 2

Collar and RERA for BonJour - CROWMAN - 10-24-2020

I bought a collar to try and see what it did for multiple obstructives over a short time period. My AHI had been averaging about 3-3.5. The collar (through AMAZON) immediately brought my AHI down to under one immediately and it has stayed there but I am getting far more RERAs.  Leaks have stayed at near zero as before.
You suggested raising my pressure and  moving the Autoset up to 3 pressure support some time ago (before collar) with the thought that a bi-level might be needed. I made that move before trying the collar. The effect without the collar was lower hypopnias and lower RERAs as you forecast but multiple OSA and sometime multiple CA started showing up.
The collar is tolerable and I do keep it fairly loose. I have some full face mask rubbing against the collar, but I can handle that. 
Please give me some advice on what to do with the machine settings to get rid of the RERAs while using the collar.
Thanks for all of your previous help, Pat

RE: Collar and RERA for BonJour - Melman - 10-24-2020

Please post a recent OSCAR chart from a typical night with your present settings and with the collar. High floe limitations as well as RERAs may indicate the need for more pressure support which can only be achieved with a bi-pap.

What mask are you using? I use an airfit F20 full face mask and a collar. The mask rubs against the collar only if I have the collar so loose that my chin can tuck partially behind the collar. Ie that's what is happening in your case you may need to tighten the collar a little.

RE: Collar and RERA for BonJour - CROWMAN - 10-25-2020

Thank you for the reply. I have used a RESMED Quattro for about 15 or so years. BonJour had me change my settings to 14-18 pressure with pressure support on 3 with the Airsense Auto 10. Attached are the two files you asked for. Last night I had the second 0 AHI I have ever had so I did not take a screen shot of that as it was so unusual.

RE: Collar and RERA for BonJour - CROWMAN - 10-28-2020

While waiting for a reply I decided to post two images from last night. Before using the collar my snores very virtually zero for years. Not so now.

Second, please note the flattened tops of the flow rates, Earlier in the night they looked normal, but once they flattened on top they stayed that way for the rest of the night. I don't have a clue what that means but it does not look normal to me.

My bad. The images did not get saved like normal. Here are the two that go with the above reply.

RE: Collar and RERA for BonJour - Sleeprider - 10-28-2020

Crowman, I have become a mind reader of Bonjour because we are so often like-minded. You have come a long way with your therapy, but the root of all evil for you are these flow limitations, and the best way to treat them is with pressure support. A Vauto is hopefully in your future.

Thank you for your input. I doubt my sometimes sleep doctor is going to do much about that.

RE: Collar and RERA for BonJour - Gideon - 10-28-2020

You have a ton of flow limits and this machine will not treat them further. You need more PS.
A VAuto?

Fred, thanks for weighing in again. I am looking for one now, but will have to get a new prescription to make it happen.

RE: Collar and RERA for BonJour - dapal - 10-29-2020

would you pls post a link what exactly of collar bought at amazon.
I had 4 of them bought at Amazon,  2.5 " M and L -  3.5" M and L. It stayed me well with 3.5 L or M