Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently (/Thread-OSCAR-Doing-Weird-Things-Recently)

Pages: 1 2

OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - upsman - 11-02-2020

Up until a couple of days ago, OSCAR was doing its duty and faithfully reporting my data each morning as it should.
Yesterday, I put the SD card in my computer and there was no data. This has happened once before and it was due to the fact that I hadn't seated the card properly in my ResMed machine. 

So, last night I double-checked that the card was seated properly and went to sleep. This morning I put the SD card in my computer and receive the same message that there is no data to report. However, when I click on Saturday nights date, the data that wasn't there Sunday morning is now available. 

I'll give it a couple more nights to see if this still happens, but has anybody ever experienced this weirdness?

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - Crimson Nape - 11-02-2020

SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat. You might try replacing it with a new one.

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - upsman - 11-02-2020

If I replace the card, will my machine write any previous data to the card, or do I need to do some type of transfer?

My first thought was that the card was full. I know that's not likely, but there is plenty of room left.

The machine is apparently writing data to the card, just not on a daily basis...I think?

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - Crimson Nape - 11-02-2020

Since SD cards can go bad instantly, you should maintain a backup copy of all its data on your PC. If you follow this procedure, then if and when you use a new card, all your history is archived on the PC for safe keeping and any data lost on the card is meaningless.

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - staceyburke - 11-02-2020

Is your clock set right after the time change?

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - upsman - 11-03-2020

(11-02-2020, 12:21 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Is your clock set right after the time change?

Yeah, I thought of that too. Especially since later in the day, I reinserted my SD card in the machine just troubleshooting and put it back in my computer and the data was there. So, early morning when I normally check OSCAR....no data. Later in the day....normal data.  Huh

So I thought what if the time change has some effect on when the data is recorded to the card. I changed the time on the ResMed and had already bought a new SD card. 

I forgot to use the old card to see if the time change made any difference, but the new card recorded all the data normally. Tonight I will put the old card back in to see if there's any difference.

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - becker44a - 11-03-2020

(11-02-2020, 10:39 AM)upsman Wrote: . . .
So, last night I double-checked that the card was seated properly and went to sleep. This morning I put the SD card in my computer and receive the same message that there is no data to report. However, when I click on Saturday nights date, the data that wasn't there Sunday morning is now available. 

I'll give it a couple more nights to see if this still happens, but has anybody ever experienced this weirdness?

Hi upsman,
I just had a weird experience, somewhat similar.  Sunday, due to the DST change, I left the machine powered up but idle for several hours, so I could then set the clock back an hour.  I had pulled the SD card while the machine was still powered up, which I normally don't do.  I had waked up once for a bathroom break, and when I imported the Saturday night data (OSCAR 1.2.0), only the 1st session was showing.  I checked the machine's sleep report, and it had recorded the whole night, as did MyAir.  I let it go and waited for Monday.  After importing on Monday, the Sunday data imported and appeared normally.  I then checked back to the Saturday data.  Both sessions now appeared properly.  I had not attempted a 2nd import on Sunday, which might have fixed the issue - don't know.  Nor did I do any other procedure like Rebuilding.  It's a mystery.

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - sheepless - 11-03-2020

re time change: I"m still using 1.2.0 rc-1 so this may or may not apply to the current release. mid afternoon nov 2 I set my resmed machine time back an hour after a 16 minute nap. I was a little surprised it allowed it after using it briefly before changing the time, but figured I just don't remember how it worked in other years. after downloading from the sd card today nov 3 oscar was different than the machine display in nearly every category. purged the day, downloaded from the sd card a second time and oscar and machine display match up. to pick just usage time, the machine reported 8h24m, oscar first reported 6h36m, a difference of 1h48m, clearly not accounted for by the 16 minute nap. in 6 sessions, the 4th was 1h44m, close but no cigar. no combination of session times adds to 1h48m. it's all fine now, just reporting odd behavior.

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - upsman - 11-03-2020

That does sound very similar. 

I don't think the SD card is the issue, but I'll post back tomorrow after a night with the old card in.

RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently - upsman - 11-04-2020

Well, since nothing else was changed except the time on my machine, I would say that was the issue.

I used the original SD card again last night and the data was there this morning as usual.