Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use... (/Thread-Extremely-dizzy-after-first-full-night-of-BiPAP-use)

Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use... - sleepy331 - 11-02-2020

Hi all,

I had my first full night of BiPAP use last night. However, when I woke up I was incredibly dizzy. I did notice that my humidification tank was dry. Perhaps this caused the problem?

I have used the BiPAP for 4 nights before this one with no dizziness problems (for 2-6 hours per night).

Anyone else ever dealt with this, and if so, how long did it last?

RE: Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use... - Gideon - 11-02-2020

Post your OSCAR nightly charts.
I suspect that you are not used to the PS being applied, and with the machine turned off you haven't adjusted back to less efficient breathing and thus are lightheaded.

RE: Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use... - sleepy331 - 11-02-2020

Hey @Bonjur. Here's my last 3 nights...

Also, note that last night I switched to VPAP-S mode, since I feel like I woke up previous nights when the pressure got higher. Maybe that was a bad decision though.

RE: Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use... - Crimson Nape - 11-02-2020

What is your Trigger setting?

RE: Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use... - sleepy331 - 11-02-2020

Recently changed the trigger setting to high. It was at medium.

RE: Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use... - Crimson Nape - 11-02-2020

You can try Very High. It isn't that much of a difference from High but it was just enough to clear up my remaining CA stragglers.

(11-02-2020, 01:20 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You can try Very High.  It isn't that much of a difference from High but it was just enough to clear up my remaining CA stragglers.

It's interesting, when I went from medium to high trigger it seemed like my CAs went up as well.

I guess that there is always an exception to the rule...

(11-02-2020, 01:43 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I guess that there is always an exception to the rule...

I also went from VAuto mode to S mode on my BiPAP. Could that have caused it?

Your CA's are in clusters and not spread evenly throughout the night. If you were using VAuto, then, maybe, when the pressure went up they would appear in clusters. I'm guessing that you might be tossing and turning.