Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head (/Thread-Equipment-Recommendation-for-ResMed%E2%80%99s-latest-AirFit-masks-having-hose-port-at-top-of-head)

Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head - jas102543 - 11-04-2020

Big Grin This is a happy update to my prior post titled “Need a non-welt producing Full Face mask”

Kudos to the “Large Male” member known by the sobriquet “Big Guy” [Image: thanks.gif]who suggested I take a closer look at ResMed masks. I had foolishly written off their latest copy-cat appearing versions of Dreamware’s nasal and FF masks because as viewed in pictures they appeared to be identical. What I didn’t see was the ResMed nose pillow had a contoured shape whereas the Dreamwear pillows are shaped for users that chase parked cars. Yup, Dreamwear pillows are for people having square heads and/or flat faces. Mine tended to easily leak with any amount of movement. So I had to overtighten the restraints.

like I love the ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face. Molds to my nose in an air tight manner.  First night AHI was 0.6, my best score to-date. It hasn’t leaked once nor has it required me to overly tighten the mask restraints. And for some unknown reason I don’t have to tape my mouth shut.[Image: dont-know.gif] May take me awhile to figure that out. 

Bottom line: I highly recommend the F30i. Unlike previous F30’s, the F30i has the hose connection on top of the head which is a major improvement in comfort and leak prevention.

RE: Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head - Big Guy - 11-04-2020

Good to know that it's working well for you. 

I rarely get a compliment, and when I do, I like to shout out to the world, "Hey......I got a compliment"!!  Big Grin

RE: Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head - Sabina - 12-05-2020

I tried that mask, but my nose is too small, and I find it is more noisy than my Air Touch F20.

It’s too bad because it was otherwise comfortable and I hate dragging my hose all night. Lol

Glad it works for ya!

RE: Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head - jas102543 - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 01:12 PM)Sabina Wrote: I tried that mask, but my nose is too small, and I find it is more noisy than my Air Touch F20.

It’s too bad because it was otherwise comfortable and I hate dragging my hose all night. Lol

Glad it works for ya!

Apology-2 Sorry, you have an undersized nose. Were you at the end of the line?  Big Grin Lots of people prefer big noses because air's free.  Oh-jeez I really prefer a nasal mask but all have failed because I move too much, especially when I'm dreaming - I have some very vivid and entertaining dreams, to say the least. Smile

RE: Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head - SarcasticDave94 - 12-05-2020

Don't hurt your shoulders Big Guy patting self on back. Remember your bike trip.

Bigwink

RE: Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head - hegel - 12-05-2020

I got a compliment once...

good times!