Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help (/Thread-Skypony-s-therapy-time-to-ask-for-help)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - skypony - 11-15-2020

Dormeo, I tried a Contec that I bought on ebay but it would not even start or charge. It was DOA. I was lucky that I was able to return it. Once I saw it, I didn't like it anyway. It was very cumbersome.

I replaced it with an EMAY from amazon. It works well and I'll keep it even though its csv files are not compatible with OSCAR. I do get a report and I can load the csv files into a spreadsheet. I'm trying to figure out how to graph the data in the csv file. Each row in the spreadsheet corresponds to a one second reading so I can easily sort the data by time and see when the lowest O2 levels occurred.

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - skypony - 11-16-2020

I think last night was my best sleep in a long time! like Maybe it can get even better!

Thank you, Dormeo, for guiding me on this journey. It has been most helpful.

Now a question about therapy theory: How does keeping min=max pressures affect therapy? It seems to be successful so far for me. Do you expect that I'll always be on straight CPAP mode rather than APAP?

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - Dormeo - 11-16-2020

I'm very glad to hear you had a better night! I recommend that you continue with these settings for a while. We're looking to see the CAs settle down; after that, you might try EPR of 3 to try to reduce the FLs.

Some people are quite sensitive to pressure changes. They find the changes tend to wake them up, or they are just generally sensitive to all kinds of changes in their night-time environment. In a case like yours, where obstructive events are not the primary issue, keeping the pressure steady at the lowest level that will deal with most obstructive events is worth a try. From your results, it seems like it may be helpful to you.

Down the road, who knows? We'll see how things go.

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - Sleeprider - 11-16-2020

I'm yet to see efficacy with CPAP, but am glad you got a better night. ASV is where you need to be.

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - skypony - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 04:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ASV is where you need to be.

You may be right but I haven't given up yet. If I can have restful sleep and sufficient nocturnal blood oxygen, I'll be content with some CA's.

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - skypony - 11-17-2020

Slept well last night.

I've rearranged my OSCAR layout a bit and adjusted the FL scale back to auto.

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - Crimson Nape - 11-17-2020

I realize that financially sometimes you have to dance with the one who brung ya', but your excessive flow limits coupled with the amount of CAs are of notability.   What is the time span of your CA events?   If you are unfamiliar with this, click on the Events Tab, then expand the CA listing.  The values within the parenthesis "()" is the amount of seconds that the event lasted.

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - skypony - 11-17-2020

Crimson Nape, events attached. The longest CA was 19 seconds.

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - happydreams - 11-17-2020

Those centrals add up to a lot of disturbed sleep.  You would feel a lot better if you could control or eliminate them.  I won't venture a guess as to the best machine for you, that's for people more qualified than myself to suggest.  For myself, I've eliminated my centrals using a bi-level and a soft cervical collar.  Never could get rid of them using APAP.  I had to self finance a used machine from Supplier #2.  It was a monetary setback, but it did fix a lot of my issues with therapy.

RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help - Dormeo - 11-17-2020

I'm glad you felt you got a good night's sleep; that's good news. Your CA index has come down some. Your FLs continue to be significant, and when your CA index drops further, you may want to try increasing EPR to 3 to see what that does.

I may have mentioned this before, but I see that a fair number of the CAs occur during the periods when your FLs abate. Of course, event by event, you're not going to have FLs if you're not breathing, but the pattern goes beyond that. This makes me wonder whether you're awake, or semi-awake, during those intervals. If so, then some of the CAs may be "sleep-wake junk."

I suggest you continue with these settings for another week and see how it goes. I'm hoping you'll continue to feel you have restful sleep, and that the CA index will continue to come down.