Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? (/Thread-Equipment-Should-I-try-the-Resmed-F30-FFM)

Pages: 1 2

Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - Rcgop - 11-09-2020

I am considering trying a full face mask, in particular the Resmed F30 and value the opinions of this forum. 

My situation:
1. Currently using the P10 pillow mask with good results but looking to reduce leaks, and dry mouth. 
2. Chin strap and collar do not work because my lips won’t stay closed. 
3. Maintain a beard trimmed to 1/4 inch. 
4. I like the minimal size.
5. Learned to sleep on my back but would like to sleep on my side from time to time.

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - Big Guy - 11-09-2020

I'm using the AirFit F30 and like it very much. I'm a side sleeper and I can bury my face into my pillow and the mask will still seal very well. 

I'm not a back sleeper and I cannot breathe via my nose for long. The F30 is a keeper!

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - raylock1 - 11-10-2020

I use the F30 and find it comfortable.  The mask by itself does not keep my mouth from getting dry.  For that I need to also use a soft cervical collar or the more comfortable Eliminator Sleep cushion which I got from Amazon. Also I need to keep the humidity set high on the machine.

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - wesozzzz - 11-10-2020

The F30 is my preferred mask but I struggle with containing leaks.  I find it is very critical to harness adjustments, as a side sleeper some times the magnetic clips will slip off. I have had to shave off my short beard to reduce the leaks. But it still gives me a better sleep than any of the other masks I have tried. Delve into the archived posts on this forum as the F30 mask has had many posts in the past.

I am a mouth breather due to restricted nasal passages I have used a cervical soft collar but now use a low adhesive medical tape, which alllows me to  open my mouth if I ever needed to.

All the best in your journey

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - Crimson Nape - 11-10-2020

I occasionally use the F30 when I have a stuffy nose. It produces an uncomfortable pressure in the tender area under the nose at the top of the lip, in order to have a good seal. I usually don't use it for more than 3 straight days. With that said, It does what it is supposed to, and that is what matters.

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - Big Guy - 11-10-2020

I keep the headgear clean and wash it in hot soapy water quite frequently to keep the straps nice and snug. 

That seems to help keep it from moving around too much on my face.

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - nadprok - 11-10-2020

I have been using the AirFit F30 for well over a year . I have no problem with leaks . I also use the same mask for at least 3 to 6 months before replacing it . The current one I am using is well over 6 months old .
I have tried several different masks in the past but the F30 is my favorite . My second choice is the PR Amara View . Give the F30 a try .

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - SevereApnea - 11-11-2020

In the beginning of the year I loaned a few FFMs: F20 F30 F30i Dreamwear. Hated them all, and was convinced they were not for me. (I have now come full circle.)

I spent most of this year convinced I needed a nasal mask, and settled on N30, N30i, and P30i
The P30i is my favourite nasal mask: no leaks to dry the eyes, but OH the mouth leaks...... Oh-jeez
Collar, full tape, partial taping, what a hassle and Still have the Dry Mouth: so for me this does not work. I really did try hard to make it work, maybe at some later stage of my PAP-evolution.

So after 9 or 10 months I decided I have failed xPAP therapy with a nasal mask. Pity.

Back to trialling the Dreamwear in different sizes, Amara View and now finally having the lowest leaks of any mask with the F30i.

Early days, but I have good success with the F30i as the leaks go.

At the end of the day you have to try them each. For long enough. Make many adjustments. Read these boards about leak management. Even try different cushion sizes with different headgear sizes.

And yes, with a soft pillow I can easily sleep on my side with the F30i which is the same as the F30 you are considering, only difference is it has the hose at the top of the head. I prefer that for two reasons.

1. No hose getting in the way of my arms.
2. For me the front hose pulls the mask down, away from the seal around the nose and blows air into my eyes. Not a good idea.

The tips in these threads may give you some further things to consider:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Mask-Liners-how-Do-They-Work
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-leak-problem-solved

Hopefully you can make this work with your preferred 1/4 trimmed beard!

All the best and let us know how you progress.

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - Rcgop - 11-11-2020

Thanks to those who contributed to this thread. It was just the information I needed. I ordered the F30 mask from Supplier #1 and what a pleasant experience. Also I ordered both the medium and small cushion.  Yes, I used the template and could not get a good reading and besides I would try both anyway. This way I can switch from day to day without a new order. 

Again Thanks

RE: Should I try the Resmed F30 FFM? - Big Guy - 11-11-2020

The cushion on the F30 lasts a good long while. I marked 3-4 on mine to indicate March 4th, the 1st night of using it. I'm still using the same cushion and it's holding up great. 

I'm shooting for a full year of use before I consider replacing it with a new one.  Cool