Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
3 Months Until Sleep Study - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 3 Months Until Sleep Study (/Thread-3-Months-Until-Sleep-Study)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study - Crimson Nape - 12-10-2020

Yes, so long as the write-protect is not enabled.

RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study - Hoagie73 - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 10:21 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Yes, so long as the write-protect is not enabled.

Thank you Crimson!

I've got the data into OSCAR. I see where to attach files, but I don't know where to search to attach the daily log so it can be seen here.

Looks like I'm having clusters of Centrals but not as many as the night of my home study.

OK. Got it! It's amazing what reading can do...lol

I'm not sure how much data to display. Let me know if there is anything else needed. Thanks!

RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study - Sleeprider - 12-10-2020

At minimum pressure 7.0 to maximum 7, with EPR at 3 your results for a first night look great. You appear to have a ramp time set, and I encourage you to try turning that off, and only using ramp if you must for comfort. Your charts are missing leaks and flow limits, so if you can vertically compress events, flow and pressure, those should fit. Following ramp, we see a rapid increase in pressure, likely flow limit there. A cluster of CA events may be sleep transition, and things start to level out. Obstructive apnea and hypopnea are not present and this looks fine for a first night. This looks good for now on settings. Tomorrow be sure to give us a look at the flow limits and leaks. Your subjective comments on how you feel with the therapy is every bit as important as looking at the charts, so please give us some feedback comments. Since this thread started off with you complaining that snoring was very disruptive in your life, it is notable that it seems to be resolved with 0.0 snores in the statistics.

Thanks again SR.

I'll shut ramp off tonight and compress the events on OSCAR.

I was quite surprised at the absence of snoring as well. I did wake several times. And the CAs at the beginning seemed worse than usual. Although I had good stretches in between them after the initial onslaught, which wasn't the case during the sleep study. I'm wondering if my wake ups were due to opening my mouth.

As far as how I feel. I actually feel decently rested today. I'd still like to know exactly what's causing the CAs. But I'm happy with the therapy so far. I'm so happy and incredibly grateful that I joined this forum. Had I not I would not have gotten this machine

On a side note, the therapy was much more tolerable than I thought it would be. I'm looking forward to getting the N10 mask shortly here.

RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study - Sleeprider - 12-10-2020

A cluster of CA or even those distributed through the night is of no concern in a brand new user of CPAP. There re adjustment issues, sleep disturbance and all kinds of things that seem to either go away or become better defined after some time. If you NEEDED to breathe, you would have. Th ere is no obstruction and a singular cluster is actually meaningless. In your case, I'm confident this will pass.

RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study - Hoagie73 - 12-11-2020

Thanks SR!

Last night looked better. And so far I feel better this morning than I have in a long time. I only had 3 CA events. I just realized CA stands for Clear Airway. I thought it stood for Central Apnea. I'm really happy to see that I only registered 3 events. However, the last one lasted about 22 seconds. Is that normal for apnea?

I turned off the ramp, and also compressed the data so I could fit more graphs in one screenshot. I think last night looks good. Other than apnea events, what else should I be looking at?

RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study - Sleeprider - 12-11-2020

That looks great! An AHI of 0.37 is fantastic for a new start. You seem comfortable, have very low leaks, no snores and practically no flow limitation. 8-hours time in therapy is very good. I would not worry about the longer CA. If you had needed to breathe, you would have. No changes in settings are needed. Looks like you might be welcome back in the bedroom without the snoring.

RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study - Hoagie73 - 12-11-2020

Haha. Yeah. My wife was telling me that it was mostly my moving around that would wake her up, and the occasional high decibel snore. I still woke up a couple of times last night. I know it's only been two nights, but I haven't been frequenting the loo throughout the night as I had been before this. If this therapy keeps up, it's a prayer answered. I taped my mouth shut last night as well, and think that helped. After everything I've read, I thought it would be at least a month or so until I started seeing any results. And possibly going through different machines.

The only side effect that I notice is I get a case of the 'bubble guts'. It's not bad. No pain, just a bit of bloating and pressure releases under the sheets. So, while I may not wake my wife due to moving and snoring, she may get a bit irritated with the under-the-blankets breeze.

Thanks again!