Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto (/Thread-my-son-moving-from-dreamstation-to-Vauto)

Pages: 1 2

my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - staceyburke - 11-19-2020

When I got my new VAUTO I gave my son my old dreamstation.  He has done better on it than his old old resmed brick.  But he is getting a VAUTO and I hope to get an good idea for the settings to start him off with.  Here are 3 nights, please, help set him up.  Thank you...

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - SarcasticDave94 - 11-19-2020

There's very good numbers on the OSCAR about treatment. I'd probably transfer what's used but I would drop EPAP from 13 and try 11. You know the Respironics fatal flaw thing about needing pressures set on top of the therapy need thing. The switchover may afford a bit lower pressure and maintain therapy.

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - Gideon - 11-19-2020

I would go lower
Min EPAP = 8 ResMed responds much faster, and that should show us that. This is for 1 night then re-eval.
PS=4 Only because this is a typical starting value for PS, again we can raise it if needed.
Max IPAP any value because he is not running away with pressure increasing.

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - SarcasticDave94 - 11-19-2020

Yep even better than my suggestion. As is, Max pressure on those charts was 17.6, so it's not maxing out at the top.

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - OpalRose - 11-20-2020

Moved this thread from Software Support to the Main Forum.

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - staceyburke - 11-23-2020

Here is his first night, looks good to me.... Any suggestions?

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - SarcasticDave94 - 11-23-2020

Looks good to me, no reason to adjust that I could see.

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - Gideon - 11-23-2020

The big question is how do you feel?

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - staceyburke - 01-31-2021

After a couple of months I asked to see his card and I down loaded it.  Each time I asked how he was doing he said great, best sleep he had had for a long time.  Well I have looked at his data and I have not seen anything like this so I wanted to post it and get some advice from people who do know...  All of this nights show good AHI - he has few events but some of his events are large ones.  Some over 2 minutes where it does not look like he is breathing at all.  I put 3 different nights showing what I mean.  Some nights like the 1st and last sho therapy just stopping but shows UA in the middle of 0 pressure and 0 leak rate.  Why?  Any thought if he needs to see a Dr. about these?  Thank you for taking the time to look at these!

RE: my son moving from dreamstation to Vauto - sheepless - 01-31-2021

all 3 flat stretches are accompanied by a large leak.

on second look I see respiration is high and Vt is low. I assume the weirdness in the screenshots is associated with leaks but these respiratory stats are a bit out of the ordinary.