Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Water in the tube after cleaning - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Water in the tube after cleaning (/Thread-Water-in-the-tube-after-cleaning)

Pages: 1 2

Water in the tube after cleaning - Simo50 - 11-28-2020

Hello
Having completed my first week; I have cleaned the parts as suggested and have air dried the tube but noticed this evening droplets of water in various places along the tube. How do you ensure it is entirely dry? Is this an issue?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - OpalRose - 11-28-2020

Hi Simo50,
Water droplets left in the hose after washing are not an issue at all. Once you turn on the Cpap, the air will help the droplets dissipate.

Just be sure that after washing and rinsing the hose, shake it around a few times before hanging (preferably in a shower area so that you don't get water everywhere).

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - sheepless - 11-28-2020

if I don't have time to air dry my hose & mask, I connect them to the machine & run 'mask fit' for a few minutes to blow the water out. done weekly, it adds a few machine run hours over the lifetime of the machine, but negligible compared to the convenience, in my opinion.

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - xdestry - 11-28-2020

(11-28-2020, 10:30 AM)sheepless Wrote: if I don't have time to air dry my hose & mask, I connect them to the machine & run 'mask fit' for a few minutes to blow the water out. done weekly, it adds a few machine run hours over the lifetime of the machine, but negligible compared to the convenience, in my opinion.

Good idea! I will have to try that, that huge pressure would probably dry out the tube in a minute

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - Sleeprider - 11-28-2020

I have several tubes, so can always find a dry one if I wash one. After a while you'll wonder how you ended up with so much stuff. Anyway, I used to use a rechargeable pool toy inflator to blow air through and dry the tube. Lots of volume and dries the tube quickly. If you have one, give it a try.

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - Simo50 - 11-28-2020

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I did think about buying a second tube, but as you say it is just adding to the paraphernalia to store. Smile
The air drying using the machine is a good idea; a question though by running it for some time to dry the tube does this 'play around' with the stats? Pardon my ignorance at this early stage - or is this why you run it as a mask fit? Cheers Simon

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - Big Guy - 11-28-2020

After cleaning the hose, just hang it up to dry. I used an "S" shaped hook on the shower curtain rod.

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - sheepless - 11-28-2020

as long as you run mask fit, rather than turning the machine on as if for the night, it won't mess with the stats (plus mask fit blows harder and turns off automatically after several minutes). otoh, while I'm not sure mask fit adds to run hours, I assume it does.

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - SideSleeper - 11-29-2020

I hang my hose and all equipment off a towel rack in my bathroom (protected from toilet flush spray) near a furnace vent. Always dries the hose.

RE: Water in the tube after cleaning - mesenteria - 11-29-2020

I live in the PNW where it's always humid.  Few things dry, except inside a home.  But, it still takes time.  My hose, when I do wash it, never dries inside completely.  It isn't a problem.  As OpalRose has said, it will dry within a short time after it runs that evening after re-installation.  Just hang it to dry, and maybe give it a couple of shakes before leaving it dangling over the curtain rod...where I do mine.