Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Buying a used Cpap - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Buying a used Cpap (/Thread-Buying-a-used-Cpap)

Pages: 1 2

Buying a used Cpap - jammer521 - 12-05-2020

Does anyone here have any experience about purchasing a used Cpap machine off a site like craigslist, I need a new machine and someone is selling a lightly used ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP for $300 Embedded Commercial Link removed

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

RE: Buying a used Cpap - macheta - 12-05-2020

I've always purchased used CPAP's. Many on the open market. its a buyers market. How many total hours are on the machine?

RE: Buying a used Cpap - staceyburke - 12-05-2020

Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site.  I have purchased 2 used from them one with 3 weeks old and one 2 weeks (blower hours can not be changed).  Great machine and great company.  Also they have a years warranty.  I would not buy on craiglist unless the price was far less than the price from Supplier #2.

RE: Buying a used Cpap - eplantz - 12-05-2020

I have purchased 2 CPAP machines via Craigslist over the past 8 years. No problems.

but, due caution is always recommended.

RE: Buying a used Cpap - SarcasticDave94 - 12-05-2020

The biggest area to make 100% certain on used is that it's never been near smoke, hours are what they state, and that the model name is verified as correct.

RE: Buying a used Cpap - Jeff8356 - 12-05-2020

A few questions you may want to ask the seller:
  • Total run hours - this can be found on the machine display under "My Options > About"  If it is as the seller says it should be roughly 160 hours or so. A quick pic with their cellphone works...
  • Is it from a non-smoker household
  • Any pets in the household (if you have pet allergies)
  • Did they already register it with MyAir, and did their Dr set it up with AirView.  Not sure what is involved with changing any of that.....
Good luck...

RE: Buying a used Cpap - Sleeprider - 12-05-2020

It is huge to make sure the machine has not been exposed to cigarette or other smoke. Always ask for run hours and try making a good deal. I contacted someone in Branson MO about a Vauto today, but he would only sell local. $200 for a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. If anyone can get it, or even relay it to me, it's a great deal.

RE: Buying a used Cpap - Beaumont1124 - 12-05-2020

Recently bought used VAUTO from supplier 2, very good experience. Only 2 hours run time.

RE: Buying a used Cpap - Hoagie73 - 12-05-2020

This kinda makes me nervous. Just today I bought a ResMed Airsense 10 Auto off a guy on FB. He posted a pic from his phone showing 158 run hours. But I did not think to ask him if it came from a smoking household. It has already been shipped.

RE: Buying a used Cpap - SarcasticDave94 - 12-05-2020

If it's from a smoker house, there's ways to freshen it up like Ozium on a cotton ball at the intake of the PAP. But it's never as good as non-smoke houses.