Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ClimateLine tubing - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ClimateLine tubing (/Thread-ClimateLine-tubing)

Pages: 1 2 3

ClimateLine tubing - Palmtrees - 12-06-2020

How to set the ClimateLine tubing temp?  I have experimented with many masks, pillows, etc. and finally find the Brevida nasal pillows are the best for me...when I use them, I get 0.3 AHI and a good night's sleep.  Dry mouth was a big problem until I jacked up the humidity to 7 and taped my mouth shut.  then the rain-out started, so I got the ClimateLine tubing.  Automatic setting for it is humidity 4 and temp 80 degrees F.  Back to the dry mouth, throat, and nose.   I need to set the humidity higher... I live in So. Fla and we have a high humidity almost all the time which is very comfortable for me.  My question is:  what temp to set the tubing at?  The house is 76 degrees.  Set the tubing at the same?  Higher?

RE: ClimateLine tubing - Sleeprider - 12-06-2020

You get more humidity yield with manual settings than automatic. The objective for the tube temperature is to prevent condensation on a cooler tube surface. A setting of 80 degrees F 26C is usually sufficient. If you notice condensation, raise it. I also use a fleece tube cover. It helps prevent condensation but is also more comfortable to sleep with.

RE: ClimateLine tubing - Big Guy - 12-06-2020

+1 to a hose cover.  Cool

RE: ClimateLine tubing - Palmtrees - 12-06-2020

thank you!

the tubing never feels warm to the touch. Normal?

RE: ClimateLine tubing - Sleeprider - 12-06-2020

Think about it. 80 degrees is much lower than body temperature and won't feel warm. It's just there to prevent a cold surface, below the dew point, for water to condense on.

RE: ClimateLine tubing - Canuck 2 - 12-06-2020

I like to use manual mode for humidity because it seems to work the best for myself (Auto sensors Blah= rainout). I have the Resmed climate hose cozy and have my hose temperature set at 82 F and humidity set at 4 and I do not get rainout. I think I can not set the humidity higher or it would be drain the water tank and that is not a good situation because you start to heat a tank made of plastic and the smell is not nice at all.
I look at the tank in the morning and there is not much left in the reservoir so if I sleep 8 hrs it would be pushing it close to being totally drained.
I still wake up in the morning with a bit of a dry sensation but it is worse when not using humidity. I do not think there is a perfect setting that will satisfy a person but you can get close to it IMO.

OK, thank you for the info!

RE: ClimateLine tubing - SarcasticDave94 - 12-06-2020

Ditto the manual mode for humidity. I typically use between 4-8 and between 75-86 on the heated hose. I found manual mode didn't give me enough humidity.

RE: ClimateLine tubing - Lucky7 - 10-30-2023

(12-06-2020, 04:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You get more humidity yield with manual settings than automatic.  The objective for the tube temperature is to prevent condensation on a cooler tube surface. A setting of 80 degrees F 26C is usually sufficient. If you notice condensation, raise it.  I also use a fleece tube cover. It helps prevent condensation but is also more comfortable to sleep with.

I've been meaning to ask you about this. Looks like you are using a cover AND tube heating?

Reason I ask is, at 80F I don't get rainout but can't stand the "hog dogs breath" feeling in a FFM. Lately it's been waking me up.

I can generally keep the ambient humidity in the room between 40-50 pretty much year round. Temp between 65-70 ambient.