Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? (/Thread-Can-the-ClimatelineAir-hose-kink-Anyone)

Pages: 1 2

Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - SevereApnea - 12-19-2020

Hi all.

Silly question Shy

I usually hang my hose above the headboard and then down straight down to my mask. This means i have to sleep in one place on the bed.

I am trying to just have it hang loose from the machine, behind the pillow and then to my mask to allow me to move around the bed more. In doing so it kind of folds back on itself in a U-bend.

Any danger of it kinking? If so what then? Can it block off air completely? Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks!

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - Big Guy - 12-19-2020

I fabricated a hose hanger / holder for mine. It drops down to my mask from above our headboard. No problem with me moving around and such while I sleep. I'm using an AirFit F30 mask. 

I can't imagine the hose being able to kink. You'd really have to work at it to make that happen. Blocking off the air supply totally? I'd be shocked.  Rolleyes

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - Melman - 12-19-2020

I agree with Big Guy. I just tried an acute bend with one of mine. I would have to squeeze it tightly while bending it to get it to kink. I didn't take it that far m

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - SarcasticDave94 - 12-19-2020

I have just one possible scenario, and I do not think most have the chance to encounter it while asleep but a stumbling semi-awoke person maybe. If you step on the hose, it may not happily accept that stress, otherwise almost nothing I encountered or can imagine would kink the hose, heated or not.

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - Melman - 12-19-2020

I once stepped on my hose barefooted. It was quite uncomfortable for me but didn't hurt the hose

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - SarcasticDave94 - 12-19-2020

thanks, so that maybe rules out kinks as likely for the hoses IMO

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - SevereApnea - 12-19-2020

Thanks Melman Dave and Big Guy

That is most reassuring, I won't be stepping on mine anytime soon and only have one so don't want to stress test it either.

Thanks Thanks

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - GuyScharf - 12-20-2020

I've stepped on the hose too. That, and bending it, can result in the hose being more oval shaped than round. But I have always been able to squeeze it back to a more round shape when needed.

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - SarcasticDave94 - 12-20-2020

no prob S.A., someone from billing will be in contact Wink

RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone? - mesenteria - 12-20-2020

Thirty days for remittance, please, and thank-you.  Too-funny

If it offers you an idea of something you haven't tried, I don't use a hanger.  My machine is in the top drawer of my bedside table, and the hose rises up from the machine to lie across my midriff, above the top-sheet and under the cover.  It then snakes out to my headgear with enough free, uncovered to allow me to turn over.  This will take some getting used to, but it works well enough for me now 3 full years in.

For some reason, the coupling between the headgear's small wrinkled hose and the larger Climateline has begun to let go during the night and I get a gusty separation.  This was a rapid onset, and then happened nightly.   I finally got PO'd and used Ambroid glue to weld the two together three days ago.  No separations since then, but 'WHEW!!!  That Ambroid stinks!!  

Only the first ten minutes, though, and then it was flushed away.