Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Wife Noises - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Wife Noises (/Thread-Wife-Noises)

Pages: 1 2

Wife Noises - macheta - 12-29-2020

My wife makes a lot of noises that bother me when I sleep. Any ideas or tips for me to use a nasal pillow (P30i) with chinstrap? I wanted to add some type of noise cancelling earmuffs that don't fall off.

RE: Wife Noises - Big Guy - 12-29-2020

I was going to leave a really witty (if a bit off color/ off-topic) response, but decided against it.  Bigwink

RE: Wife Noises - macheta - 12-29-2020

Smile throw me a bone. I know you guys have something.

Sorry if this was in the wrong forum.

RE: Wife Noises - Big Guy - 12-29-2020

Exactly what kind of noises are we talking about? Snoring, wheezing, sniffling, coughing, or something else?

My wife dreams and she makes noises at night when she does. Sometimes, they sound as if she's scared, and I wake her up to tell her all is okay and that she is safe & sound. 

When we travel, she's the one that takes earplugs with her. I never use earplugs when I sleep. 

I can't imagine trying to wear earmuffs while sleeping. I have some I use for shooting, but there's no way I could use them to sleep with. Then again, I never thought that I'd end up wearing a face mask while sleeping.... Oh-jeez

RE: Wife Noises - SuperSleeper - 12-29-2020

I was going to say "We require recordings", but decided against posting that.

Whistle   Bigwink

RE: Wife Noises - StevesSp - 12-29-2020

I tend to wrestle around a lot as I try to get to sleep and Mrs Wife would complain about it keeping her awake as a bounced around. She has the uncanny ability to go out like a light as soon as her head hits the pillow - if I don't get into my rock and roll routine. Also, because I was aware of this, I would try to keep still till she was soundly asleep and that could make my own attempts at sleep even harder.

So a few years ago, we traded our usual king double for two extra-wide singles with just a teeny gap between them. Now I could dance on my bed and she won't feel a ripple. Works a treat.

Reminds me of the joke ...

When I swapped our bed for a trampoline without telling the wife, she hit the roof!

Thank you for the good laugh. She doesn’t have any extra noises out of the ordinary. I think it’s more me being hypersensitive about any sounds.

RE: Wife Noises - Jeff8356 - 12-30-2020

I actually had to start wearing earplugs due to my wife's snoring! Eventually she got her own APAP machine and things got much better. Oddly, I got so used to wearing the earplugs, I can't sleep without them now! And she is mostly quiet now....

RE: Wife Noises - OpalRose - 12-30-2020

(12-29-2020, 11:23 PM)macheta Wrote: Thank you for the good laugh. She doesn’t have any extra noises out of the ordinary. I think it’s more me being hypersensitive about any sounds.

Ear muffs...  Too-funny
Ear plugs.... Possibly

In all seriousness, I'm very sensitive to noise too.  Try some "white noise", like running a fan or a stand alone humidifier (if needed).  Something soothing that would cancel out any other irritating noises.