Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days (/Thread-CPAP-Data-only-shows-last-10-days)

Pages: 1 2

CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - Steve7833 - 12-31-2020

My Oscar data will only load the last ten days of data. The data older than 10 days that have not been previously loaded show "0".  This started when my then CPAP vendor had my card for download (4 yrs ago). I have subsequently created a new profile, loaded old data, tried a different data card, and upgraded to Oscar. I even have a new CPAP machine.  Still the same issue. Is there a setting in Oscar that tells it to only load the last ten days?

RE: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - Jeff8356 - 12-31-2020

I could be wrong here, but it sounds like your vendor changed a setting on your machine at some point (maybe 4 years ago).  I'm not familiar with Phillips products but the ResMed line the DME/Dr can use the SD card to change some settings on your machine with their official software.  You may need to get into the clinicians menu and check all your settings on the machine itself.

OSCAR does have a setting in preferences where you can tell it to not import data older than a certain data.  But as far as I know it's only a single date and not something like the last 10 days.

RE: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - sawinglogz - 12-31-2020

I've never heard of this sort of limitation on PRS1 machines before. Especially if you've tried a new SD card and new CPAP and you're still seeing it, something weird seems to be going on.

Is your doctor remotely monitoring or configuring your machine?

Are you running the latest version of OSCAR? We might want a copy of your logs or SD card.

RE: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - GuyScharf - 12-31-2020

(12-31-2020, 03:41 AM)Steve7833 Wrote: The data older than 10 days that have not been previously loaded show "0".

So, is the time interval between importing into OSCAR more than 10 days?  I think, not sure, that PRS machines only keep a limited number of days of detailed data on their SD card. If so, if you import less frequently than that, you will be missing some data.

@sawinglogz: please confirm whether this is correct about PRS machines or whether I am misremembering and confused!

RE: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - jaswilliams - 01-01-2021

Are you sleeping with the SD card in the machine ? You need to keep the SD card in the machine to get full coverage of data on the SD card the philips has limited onboard storage for some data but it works better leaving the SD card in the machine

RE: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - Steve7833 - 01-01-2021

(12-31-2020, 02:03 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: I've never heard of this sort of limitation on PRS1 machines before. Especially if you've tried a new SD card and new CPAP and you're still seeing it, something weird seems to be going on.

Is your doctor remotely monitoring or configuring your machine?

Are you running the latest version of OSCAR? We might want a copy of your logs or SD card.

Thanks. My Doctor doesn't monitor or configure  the machine. The DME supplier set the machine up without accessing my old machine.  I have Oscar 1.2. Will send file if you want to look.

(01-01-2021, 09:35 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Are you sleeping with the SD card in the machine ? You need to keep the SD card in the machine to get full coverage of data on the SD card the philips has limited onboard storage for some data but it works better leaving the SD card in the machine

No, the card is usually out of the machine between updates. Good idea on keeping it in machine. I'll post the results in 14  days.

RE: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - Crimson Nape - 01-01-2021

The SD card HAS to be in the Dreamstation while you are using it to obtain detailed sleep data. I hope this will fix your problem.

Thank you I will do this and let you know what happens.

RE: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days - sawinglogz - 01-05-2021

(12-31-2020, 02:34 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I think, not sure, that PRS machines only keep a limited number of days of detailed data on their SD card. If so, if you import less frequently than that, you will be missing some data.

@sawinglogz: please confirm whether this is correct about PRS machines or whether I am misremembering and confused!

No, you're confusing its onboard memory with SD cards.

PRS1 data is so compact (about 100MB/year) that you will probably never run out of room on a 2GB SD card, and it doesn't do any pruning of its data.  Clinicians can "erase" the card after import, but usually that just moves the old sessions to a "cleared" directory so they won't be seen by official software on the next import.  OSCAR looks in those directories, so it'll find everything on the SD card.

The onboard memory, on the other hand, is limited. If you don't have an SD card inserted, it can remember many days of compliance/usage data (I've never found a limit, at least 30 days), it can remember 7 days of detailed event data, and it looks like it will even remember 1 night's waveform data. Then when you insert the SD card, it writes what it remembers onto the SD card.

So if you accidentally leave your card out one night, just insert it in the morning and you probably won't be missing anything. (I haven't confirmed if all models remember waveform data without the SD card or just autoSV.)