Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] (/Thread-SleepMapper-is-up-and-running-Philips-Respironics-software)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - Hdowning - 04-16-2013

the PR1 internet software now allows registration on SleepMapper.com and the SleepMapper smartphone app. I haven't loaded any data yet because I have a Mac and it requires downloading a windows app (or bluetooth or web devices on your PR1.). Today I will go into Windows on the Mac and try it.

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - SuperSleeper - 04-16-2013

Thanks Hdowning!

We knew that Philips-Respironics was beta-testing this, but it appears out of beta now. I haven't looked at it (don't have a PR machine), but this is likely a similar product to ResMed's SleepSeeker online software (see this thread). This PR product seems to have the added mobile device capability, however.

Like ResMed's product for end-users, this looks like a dumbed-down product that only reports basic info such as AHI. Those of you who decide to try it, let us know for sure, please.

I'm almost positive that it's not going to be anywhere near as useful as SleepyHead for data analysis, charts, graphs, etc.

From the http://www.SleepMapper.com website:

Quote:Take an active
role in your sleep apnea therapy

SleepMapper is a mobile and web-based system designed to help OSA patients enhance their sleep therapy experience.

* See your sleep therapy results quickly and easily
* Watch videos and guides about sleep apnea and your therapy equipment
* Have the information you need to know more about your therapy

"Take an active role in your sleep apnea therapy".... hmmm... where have I heard that phrase before? Bigwink

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - SuperSleeper - 04-16-2013

A couple of PR promotional videos on SleepMapper:

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - trish6hundred - 04-16-2013

Hi Hdowning,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Thank you for posting the information about SleepMapper.

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - britincanada - 04-16-2013

Just tried it only Loaded Yesterdays Reading via sd card

looks like a waste of time to me

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - cbramsey - 04-16-2013

I went in, created an account, downloaded the data upload software onto my Windows laptop, uploaded data.

Logged out and logged in about an hour later and it told me I needed to upload data. :headdesk:

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - JJJ - 04-16-2013

I wonder how much you have to pay for the Bluetooth device that connects into the PRS1.

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - archangle - 04-16-2013

First video.

"Has all the information I need. "

Video shows "Mask fit, hours of use, and AHI.

Looks like that's all the data you get. Not even CA vs. OA.

Second video.

Gee, thanks for "Happy fat CPAP guy." Way to enforce stereotypes.

Bouncy music, no real info other than "get this and be a happy customer."

Looks like a very marginally useful program, but we need someone to actually try it and see if it gives you any more data.

However, AHI, mask fit, and hours of use are useful info vs. the usual "shut up and do what the DME says" patient. It will be a shame if they don't show more detailed data, but I suspect they're worried too much about keeping the DMEs and doctors happy, not letting the patients actually be more informed.

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - Sleepster - 04-16-2013

How do you get the data from the machine to the smartphone?

RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software] - JJJ - 04-16-2013

(04-16-2013, 08:45 PM)Sleepster Wrote: How do you get the data from the machine to the smartphone?

My impression is that you use the Bluetooth device that sticks in the back of the PRS1 in the same slot where the smart card goes. But either I have poor web-fu or Philips Respironics does not list the Bluetooth device on their website - hence I have no idea how much it costs or how to order one.

I suppose one could also put the smart card in a computer that has a smart card reader. Then you could transfer the data to the phone via USB cable, or Bluetooth if the computer also has Bluetooth.