Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions) (/Thread-Getting-a-new-machine-a-Couple-of-questions)

Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions) - jettman96 - 01-06-2021

So, I've been on a Resmed S9 BiPAP for about 7.5 years now.  I've got the go ahead from my Doctor and insurance to get a new machine.  Based on personal experience and continued horror stories from local friends about the local DME suppliers, I want to buy my new machine online.  (I should note I typically buy my replacement supplies through Amazon)

Based on the reviews here on the forum, I'm planning to get the Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto.

My questions are this:

1.  Can you guys recommend a good online supplier with good prices and support to purchase my new machine?

2.  I've never used a heated hose... what have been your experiences with them and what does it seem to help with?

Thanks,
Nik

RE: Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions) - Sleeprider - 01-06-2021

Supplier #2 is selling new in-box Aircurve 10 Vauto for $1299. It is always better to call online suppliers to request a quote than to rely on posted prices. They may have some room to discount or add in accessories due to minimum advertised price restrictions by the manufacturer. I would not hesitate to buy used if you can find a low-hour machine at a fair price. Heated tubes are great and not that expensive compared to standard Slimline tube. I have always used one and have no basis to compare to non-heated tube. They last a long time and do prevent condensation. This reduces maintenance because there is no moisture that can allow establishment of bacteria, mold or mildew. Even more important, a fleece cover makes the tubing more comfortable and quieter.

If you have insurance, find out who may be in-network besides your local DME, and determine what documentation is needed for out of network reimbursement.

RE: Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions) - staceyburke - 01-06-2021

Supplier #2 is a great company my son and I both bought a VAUTO from them. We both bought a used machine. Mine had less than month and my son got one with 1 week of use. They come w 2 hoses one heated. The warranty is one year and I bought another year for 50$. The price of each - with free shipping and no sales tax was 799$ each

You can call the COMPANY a
No ask the hours on the machine (hour can NOT be changed) so you know exactly what you are getting.

RE: Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions) - mawaw1992 - 01-06-2021

Last week I purchased a new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto and I priced every supplier on the Supplier List. The cheapest I found on the list was Supplier #1 for 1:275.00. This week they are back to the $1,726.00 price. I ended up purchasing mine from Cheap Cpap Supplies. I got the VAuto, my wife’s AirSense 10 Autoset and 2 heated hoses for a total of 964.00 after applying promo codes.

RE: Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions) - jettman96 - 01-08-2021

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I'll be checking them out.

RE: Getting a new machine (a Couple of questions) - srlevine1 - 01-09-2021

Make sure your device does not have an obsolete 3G modem if it is communications enabled.