Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Traveling with CPAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Traveling with CPAP (/Thread-Traveling-with-CPAP)

Pages: 1 2

Traveling with CPAP - SPOUSE - 04-16-2013

We are leaving for a ten day vacation by car soon. New part of the trip list is CPAP stuff. What is missing?

1. CPAP, humidifier and power adapter (I can see us leaving the adapter under the bed so this list is good);
2. Nose masks and headgear (we have two sets);
3. Distilled water;
4. Baby shampoo;
5. Extra hose just in case; and
6. Extra filter.

Any other tips for hotel rooms etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Traveling with CPAP - Tez62 - 04-16-2013

SPOUSE, a well organised list, maybe a extension lead for the AC Adapter, last time I travelled I found the power outlet was at the opposite end of the bed so I had to turn the bed around to reach it. Not sure if you use a hoselift to have your hose above your head. Have a good trip.

RE: Traveling with CPAP - trish6hundred - 04-16-2013

Hi SPOUSE,
Your list sounds good to me, hang in there for more responses to your post.
Have a great trip.

RE: Traveling with CPAP - cbramsey - 04-16-2013

(04-16-2013, 06:56 PM)Tez62 Wrote: SPOUSE, a well organised list, maybe a extension lead for the AC Adapter, last time I travelled I found the power outlet was at the opposite end of the bed so I had to turn the bed around to reach it. Not sure if you use a hoselift to have your hose above your head. Have a good trip.

I agree. It would be prudent to include an extension cord or an outlet strip. GoodOne

RE: Traveling with CPAP - SPOUSE - 04-16-2013

Both great ideas. Thank you!

(04-16-2013, 06:56 PM)Tez62 Wrote: SPOUSE, a well organised list, maybe a extension lead for the AC Adapter, last time I travelled I found the power outlet was at the opposite end of the bed so I had to turn the bed around to reach it. Not sure if you use a hoselift to have your hose above your head. Have a good trip.

RE: Traveling with CPAP - SPOUSE - 04-16-2013

Yes, an outlet strip should be on the list, of course! Could use that for phone and camera adapters as well. Thank you!

(04-16-2013, 07:36 PM)cbramsey Wrote:

I agree. It would be prudent to include an extension cord or an outlet strip. GoodOne

RE: Traveling with CPAP - jimy - 04-19-2013

Make sure the power strip has surge protection. These machines are very expensive and need to be protected.

Always use one at home too!

Good luck.

RE: Traveling with CPAP - Bompa - 04-19-2013

(04-16-2013, 06:49 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: We are leaving for a ten day vacation by car soon. New part of the trip list is CPAP stuff. What is missing?

1. CPAP, humidifier and power adapter (I can see us leaving the adapter under the bed so this list is good);
2. Nose masks and headgear (we have two sets);
3. Distilled water;
4. Baby shampoo;
5. Extra hose just in case; and
6. Extra filter.

Any other tips for hotel rooms etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I also purchased a small,collapsable stand (step stool) that I use to keep my machine up off the floor.
Have a safe and happy trip!
Coffee

RE: Traveling with CPAP - JudgeMental - 04-19-2013

Looks like everything is well covered.

I might suggest that when you get to your overnight room each night (hotel/motel or wherever) that you try to place the CPAP up off the floor. A chair works well, or on your luggage. And place a clean towel under the CPAP. Housekeepers are constantly spraying all kinds of deodorants, cleaners, etc on the carpets and chairs. Plus, no telling how many dogs have laid beside the bed to sleep or do whatever else they needed to do. The towel will help mask some of the cleaning smells. It probably won't harm you to breath the stuff, but the smell in the CPAP air thats directed into your nose sure gets bad sometimes.

Enjoy your vacation..

RE: Traveling with CPAP - SPOUSE - 04-20-2013

Well, we stayed in a hotel last night and then saw this. Great suggestion. Plenty of stores around where we might find a fold up table. Used luggage last night but it did not seem very stable. Thank you!

(04-19-2013, 07:57 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Looks like everything is well covered.

I might suggest that when you get to your overnight room each night (hotel/motel or wherever) that you try to place the CPAP up off the floor. A chair works well, or on your luggage. And place a clean towel under the CPAP. Housekeepers are constantly spraying all kinds of deodorants, cleaners, etc on the carpets and chairs. Plus, no telling how many dogs have laid beside the bed to sleep or do whatever else they needed to do. The towel will help mask some of the cleaning smells. It probably won't harm you to breath the stuff, but the smell in the CPAP air thats directed into your nose sure gets bad sometimes.

Enjoy your vacation..