Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Pressure Setting - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Pressure Setting (/Thread-Pressure-Setting--31391)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pressure Setting - ray364 - 01-14-2021

Hi I am new to all this. I didn’t like the machine so I stopped using it. But I can’t even sleep anymore so it is a must. I have the Air Curve 10 vauto. Last night in S mode settings 4 and 10max my ahi was 56. So am to assume I need to increase pressure. When I try it on auto it blows mask off my face and I wake up all the time. I need to find a happy medium. Any input will be so helpful.
Thank you

RE: Pressure Setting - Crimson Nape - 01-14-2021

Hi and welcome to the Apnea Board!

You have a very good CPAP.  However, the settings you list are way below its capability.  Do you have a copy of your sleep study?  That would help in understanding your problem.  Also, I recommend that you download OSCAR (the link is in the name).  It is a free sleep data analysis program for several CPAP brands.   You will also need an SD card between 2 GB and 32 GB in size.   You will need to have it inserted in your AC10 while you sleep to record your detailed sleep data.  Later, you will import the data to your PC while running OSCAR.  Look through the links in my signature for more information on this program.

RE: Pressure Setting - SarcasticDave94 - 01-14-2021

The settings are indeed far from good. S mode tends to cripple the ability. And with AHI of 56, well it's not even close to doing any good. It's something we can help with. OSCAR chart would be a great help and as mentioned the copy of the sleep study.

Likely a change in mode and pressures will get you into well treated pretty quick.

RE: Pressure Setting - Sleeprider - 01-14-2021

Let's bet the PS 6 results in mostly CA. See, without data we guess and postulate. With data, we can nail it quickly.

RE: Pressure Setting - ray364 - 01-14-2021

I will get that program. When the clinic set it it was S mode and high number was 19. But I wake up with it leaking blowing mask off my face. What mode should I start it in?

Since we have no idea what you need, start with Vauto mode, EPAP min 4.0, IPAP max 16.0, PS 4.0. The important thing is that we look at the data with OSCAR and make an intelligent choice based on the facts.

RE: Pressure Setting - ray364 - 01-14-2021

Thank you for helping. I will set at setting you gave me and record tonight. Then get it downloaded tomorrow. Machine automatically records correct? I will download on my Mac book. I need to get a card reader tomorrow.

Be sure the SD card is unlocked. Give it some time to write the data after you get up. It will be there when you're ready to upload.

RE: Pressure Setting - Crimson Nape - 01-14-2021

One last thing, while you are setting your pressures, check the time and date of the AC10. The time and date options are near the bottom of the clinician menu.

RE: Pressure Setting - SarcasticDave94 - 01-14-2021

Ah good point on date/time. I'd set that first then other settings. Maybe homework is the wiki on masks, fitting and adjusting.