Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Making the OSCAR oximeter import wizard default to yesterday - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Making the OSCAR oximeter import wizard default to yesterday (/Thread-Making-the-OSCAR-oximeter-import-wizard-default-to-yesterday)

Making the OSCAR oximeter import wizard default to yesterday - greyham - 01-16-2021

Hi folks,

I've recently started using a Contec CMS50H pulse oximeter with OSCAR. The oximeter has no knowledge of the date and time, except that you can enter the time at which you started recording a session. When importing data into the oximetry import wizard, OSCAR defaults to today's date; which is almost always wrong since I normally go to bed before midnight. It doesn't help that once you've imported oximetry data with the wrong date, it's impossible to correct it later without deleting and re-importing it; which may be impossible if I don't notice before doing another recording.

Would it be possible to change OSCAR to default to yesterday's date, so that oximetry data imported each morning starts on the correct date without having to change it? Perhaps it could be smart about this and choose yesterday if the start time in the oximeter would otherwise be in the future; but just defaulting to yesterday all the time would be better than what it does now.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Graham

RE: Making the OSCAR oximeter import wizard default to yesterday - Crimson Nape - 01-16-2021

Along with selecting to use the CPAP's starting time, you can select the day as well.   You can purge the data from the wrong date and reimport it back to the correct one.  A Resmed day is from noon to noon the next day.  When importing data, keep in mind that the CPAP data date is basically that of yesterday.

I forgot to mention that all the oximeters with clocks always report their data in real time.

RE: Making the OSCAR oximeter import wizard default to yesterday - greyham - 01-16-2021

(01-16-2021, 04:08 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Along with selecting to use the CPAP's starting time, you can select the day as well.   You can purge the data from the wrong date and reimport it back to the correct one.  A Resmed day is from noon to noon the next day.  When importing data, keep in mind that the CPAP data date is basically that of yesterday.

I forgot to mention that all the oximeters with clocks always report their data in real time.

Yes, of course you can, but my suggestion would make it easier and less error-prone.
You can't reimport data if you don't notice before overwriting it with another session.
Yes, that's exactly why I'm suggesting the oximetry importer default to yesterday too.

RE: Making the OSCAR oximeter import wizard default to yesterday - sawinglogz - 01-16-2021

Yes, the oximetry import needs a lot of work. More user-friendly defaults for oximeters without real-time clocks is on my list.

RE: Making the OSCAR oximeter import wizard default to yesterday - greyham - 01-17-2021

(01-16-2021, 07:15 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: Yes, the oximetry import needs a lot of work. More user-friendly defaults for oximeters without real-time clocks is on my list.

Sweet, thanks!

RE: Making the OSCAR oximeter import wizard default to yesterday - greyham - 01-18-2021

I just noticed there is also a bug in the way the date is selected in the oximetry import wizard. To reproduce it:
  1. Import oximetry data before CPAP data. (yes, I know it's not recommended but it does/should work)
  2. Choose yesterday on the calendar
  3. Select "I started this oximeter recording at (or near) the time of a session on my CPAP machine.
I know this seems nonsensical at this point since no CPAP data has been imported yet, but it highlights the bug because the date on the calendar is now different to the date in the "No CPAP data available" message (see attachment).

4. Now select "I need to set the time manually", and the date on the calendar changes!
5. Adjust the time, as required to compensate for daylight savings as mentioned in my other recent post, and the date on the calendar is no longer highlighted so it's easy to miss the fact that the import date is now wrong.