Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Here - Could use some help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Here - Could use some help (/Thread-New-Here-Could-use-some-help)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: New Here - Could use some help - tsitalon1 - 02-11-2021

Best one so far on the Phillips machine, maybe's it's nervous I'm going to replace it Smile

Pressures back down to 9.5/9.5

Tonight we will see how the Resmed compares!

I do see a trend, on almost every night's logs I posted, I see increased AHI towards the end of my sleep, is that just because of REM or something else?

RE: New Here - Could use some help - SarcasticDave94 - 02-11-2021

How did you feel after that? A shame it can't do that more often. It looks better so yeah the Philips is probably feeling the replacement heat.

I felt much better, best night's sleep in awhile, in fact I work up an hour early since I felt so rested.

Bottle the feeling, you might need to get some of that stored good feeling back later.

Hey hey hey, you don't have to live up to your forum name now Smile

(02-10-2021, 07:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well, I think it makes sense to start with variable pressure and use the pressure support and see where that takes us.
Mode: Autoset or Autoset Soft
Minimum Pressure: 9.0
Maximum Pressure: 14.0
EPR: On, Full time
EPR setting: 3

I think this might be a good investment. If you like the machine, I know of a very lightly used machine (if at all) in Pensacola for $200, and one in Columbus GA with just over 1400 hours for $200.  A new unit is $589, and you can trade yours to get it much lower at Supplier #2 and lightly used for less. If it works...

Do I need to use a specific mask setting for the dreamware nasal mask?

RE: New Here - Could use some help - Sleeprider - 02-11-2021

Mask settings are easier with Resmed. Set it to Pillows, Nasal or Full Face as appropriate.

Remember the first night on a Resmed is a learning experience as it was on the Dreamstation. We don't know how you will respond to the variable pressure. We will find out.

Well as it turns out they gave me an air curve 10 not an auto set.

If I'm not mistaken this is an ASV type system can I configure it for normal APAP?

RE: New Here - Could use some help - Crimson Nape - 02-11-2021

Below the "AirCurve 10" on the lower right, what does it say?

Look on the bottom right front, the metallic words. It says...?