Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Here - Could use some help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Here - Could use some help (/Thread-New-Here-Could-use-some-help)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: New Here - Could use some help - Sleeprider - 02-11-2021

The Aircurve 10 Vauto is my machine. It is the state of the art for treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and flow limitation. With the Vauto, we have a true auto-bilevel machine with fully adjustable pressure support, and inspiratory timing and trigger/cycle controls, but no backup rate like an ASV or ST. It is a major step up.

I am going to translate the settings I gave you for an autoset for use with the Vauto. With the Vauto, we have unlimited ability to add pressure support to address flow limits and hypopnea.

Mode: Vauto
Minimum EPAP Pressure: 6.0
Maximum Pressure: 14.0
Pressure Support: 3.0
Trigger Sensitivity: High (Something you can't do with the Autoset, but we will do it anyway to avoid CA).

All other settings default:
Ti Min: 0.3
Ti Max: 2.0
Cycle Sensitivity: Medium
Humidity: 3 or 4
Climate Control Auto (unless you have a heated tube)
Essentials: Plus.

RE: New Here - Could use some help - tsitalon1 - 02-11-2021

It says Vauto

RE: New Here - Could use some help - Crimson Nape - 02-11-2021

It is not an ASV. It is an auto bi-level machine. The settings that Sleeprider provided above are aimed at that specific model.

RE: New Here - Could use some help - SarcasticDave94 - 02-11-2021

OK, it's a big step up certainly.

ok, applying these setting now !

You've got the secret code to get into the clinical menu right?

Click/hold dial and home, hold for about 5 seconds.

(02-11-2021, 05:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Aircurve 10 Vauto is my machine. It is the state of the art for treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and flow limitation.  With the Vauto, we have a true auto-bilevel machine with fully adjustable pressure support, and inspiratory timing and trigger/cycle controls, but no backup rate like an ASV or ST.  It is a major step up.  

I am going to translate the settings I gave you for an autoset for use with the Vauto.  With the Vauto, we have unlimited ability to add pressure support to address flow limits and hypopnea.

Mode: Vauto
Minimum EPAP Pressure: 6.0
Maximum Pressure: 14.0
Pressure Support: 3.0
Trigger Sensitivity: High (Something you can't do with the Autoset, but we will do it anyway to avoid CA).

All other settings default:
Ti Min: 0.3
Ti Max: 2.0
Cycle Sensitivity: Medium
Humidity: 3 or 4
Climate Control Auto (unless you have a heated tube)
Essentials: Plus.

I have the climate line air hose, the climate control setting didn't show up until I plugged the house in, so should I set climate control to auto or manual?

Climate is personal preference. You may need to try both Auto and Manual. Manual tends to increase humidity for me which I wanted that.

I'll try auto initially and see how that feels.

RE: New Here - Could use some help - Sleeprider - 02-11-2021

I use the climate in manual mode at 4 with tube temp at 80 in winter. Works great, and delivers most of the humidity chamber capacity in 9 hours. If you like less humidity, reduce the humidity setting. I'm in a cold, low-humidity winter area in PA with no whole house humidification. Your ambient temperature and humidity might call for a lower setting of 3.