Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Here - Could use some help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Here - Could use some help (/Thread-New-Here-Could-use-some-help)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: New Here - Could use some help - SarcasticDave94 - 02-16-2021

Adding a bit in after Sleeprider's comment. Staying out of the way, that's why you don't take the chart literal and say my I:E is this. If you'd do that, the Ti Min & Max are in the way. You'd artificially close the spontaneous breath window.

RE: New Here - Could use some help - tsitalon1 - 02-16-2021

(02-16-2021, 11:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: 0.3 to 2.0 are default settings and seem to match your respiration pretty well.  Increasing Ti Min is done mostly when an individual fails to maintain inspiration after it has started, and a shorter Ti Max is often set when a person has COPD or needs more time reserved for expiration, so the short time cycles the patient to expiration sooner.  You seem to have no problems with spontaneous respiration with appropriate timing, so the default settings mostly just stay out of the way of that.

Seems we cross posted.

Ok, thank you for the explanation !

Seems adjusting these won't help in my case then.

(02-16-2021, 11:38 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Adding a bit in after Sleeprider's comment. Staying out of the way, that's why you don't take the chart literal and say my I:E is this. If you'd do that, the Ti Min & Max are in the way. You'd artificially close the spontaneous breath window.

Gotcha, thanks!

There's an unwritten rule that Apnea treatment requires trial and error, so much so that it needs to include lots of error that makes it a trial. So more or less you're par for the course as it were. You're still fairly new to PAP and it takes a while to reprogram yourself for a new normal. No of course normal didn't include an alien mask blowing on your face and its hose tail. But that's what our Apnea normal becomes.

Can't seem to find that sad or angry button for your post - Smile

Angry Mornincoffee Hate-cpap Crying-into-tissue

There's a few for you. Give it a little bit more time. PAP therapy will be a breeze.

Great-info - LOL

Seems I get an acceptable seal on my medium Dreamware FF mask, going to try it tonight with the Resmed set to 8/10.6.

Fingers crossed, here's hoping the mask stay seals throughout the night.

RE: New Here - Could use some help - tsitalon1 - 02-18-2021

This is the ResMed with Phillips FF mask, aborted last night.

I can't get this Resmed to work out well for me, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, going back to my dreamstation and Nasal mask for tonight for sure.

RE: New Here - Could use some help - Sleeprider - 02-18-2021

Let's increase the maximum pressure from 11.4 to 14.0. Your apnea are all obstructive and look like they are positional, but higher EPAP pressure is the answer to obstructive events like this.