Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New computer - back to building OSCAR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: New computer - back to building OSCAR (/Thread-New-computer-back-to-building-OSCAR)

Pages: 1 2

New computer - back to building OSCAR - happydreams - 01-26-2021

Old laptop motherboard died.  Ran for 3 weeks on a Raspberry Pi 4.  Finally my new laptop arrived!  Nice new, fast machine.  Lots of cores.  So to build OSCAR again.
Installed the dependencies.  (Still Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS)  Did a fresh git clone.  Build fails Sad

Code:
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: *** [Makefile:2186: intellipap_loader.o] Error 1
Code:
g++ -c -pipe -Werror -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -O2 -std=gnu++11 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Dhelpless -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DLOCK_RESMED_SESSIONS -D_TTY_POSIX_ -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PRINTSUPPORT_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_SERIALPORT_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I../../OSCAR-code/oscar -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtPrintSupport -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtOpenGL -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtXml -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtSerialPort -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o mseries_loader.o ../../OSCAR-code/oscar/SleepLib/loader_plugins/mseries_loader.cpp
../../OSCAR-code/oscar/SleepLib/loader_plugins/intellipap_loader.cpp: In function ‘bool load6HighResData(const QString&)’:
../../OSCAR-code/oscar/SleepLib/loader_plugins/intellipap_loader.cpp:1450:37: error: taking address of packed member of ‘DV6_R_REC’ may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Werror=address-of-packed-member]
1450 |             flow->AddWaveform(ti,R->breath,50,2000);
     |                                  ~~~^~~~~~

Any clues?  I'm not even using the intellipap machine.

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - Crimson Nape - 01-26-2021

Are you building within Qt Creator or using the command line?

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - GuyScharf - 01-26-2021

Oops! You're hitting a difference in compiler warnings. That error is in the new DeVilbiss support code. I'll fix it ASAP and let you know when there is new source code to test compile.

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - GuyScharf - 01-26-2021

ok, fix to intellipap loader has been merged. Please try again and let me know if there are any other errors.

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - happydreams - 01-26-2021

Thumbs up!  Built with no problem.  Thanks  like

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - untoutseul05 - 01-26-2021

On Xubuntu 20.04.1 (Ubuntu with xfce GUI), it also works.

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - happydreams - 01-26-2021

To build an installation package for Ubuntu, does one mkDistDeb.sh?  I really didn't understand the instructions in BUILD_Linux.md.  From where does one invoke this?  There is a notice to not cruft up things, but no guidance how to avoid it.  I created a folder Packages under Apps/OSCAR.  So from /Apps/OSCAR/Packages I would invoke $ ../OSCAR-code/Building/Linux/mkDistDeb.sh ?

These newer releases of Ubuntu make it very hard to manually create  a working desktop launcher.  Creating launchers was easy even 6 months ago.  All the online instructions don't work anymore as the option in the right click menu is gone.  I have 20.04.1 LTS.

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - pholynyk - 01-26-2021

When I build packages, I created a Packages folder, as you did, and then copied all the files in Building/Linux into it. They don't change very often, so I just leave them there. Then in Packages I do "./mkdistDeb.sh Ubun18" - as I build an 18.04 version, then do some tinkering to change a library dependency for 20.04 (I don't really like 20.04, so I've stayed with 18.04 for building.

I usually use Debian Buster/testing as my regular desktop, though.

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - happydreams - 01-27-2021

Where can I find fpm?  

mkDistDeb.sh fails fpm: command not found.  

fpm isn't in the regular Ubuntu 20.04 repository.  I found a repo on github, but not sure if there are various versions.

This newer version of Ubuntu 20.04.1 is getting on my nerves.  Don't care for Gnome 3.36.8

RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR - pholynyk - 01-27-2021

From my notebook (I'll add it to the building file):

apt install ruby ruby-dev -- this will add a lot of stuff
gem install --no-document fpm --- this will do a lot of stuff

That should do it; sorry about the omission