Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? (/Thread-Tonight-s-the-first-night-with-VAuto-should-these-settings-be-okay)

Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? - moodotkai - 02-10-2021

VAuto mode
min EPAP: 6
PS: 4

After 5 years of worthless nasal/sinus procedures, I'm finally trying to treat my "mild" sleep apnea (AHI of 5 and RDI of 10) with PAP therapy. Is there anything else I should tweak for now or can the rest be left to defaults/automatic? I just made sure my F30 mask was fitting well and I think I got a good seal eventually. The pressure felt strange but it's my first time so I expected no less.

I think I'm ready for tonight? Sure hope so! I've been putting this off for way too long.

Edit: Oh, and I have no idea how to use Oscar but I did get an SD card for my VAuto. Hopefully it will be easy to figure out tomorrow.

RE: Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? - Gideon - 02-10-2021

Welcome to AB

Make sure you put the SD card into your VAuto before you use it tonight. The machine writes the detailed data to the machine in 'real' time. It does not save it until you put the card in.

RE: Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? - moodotkai - 02-10-2021

Thanks for the warm welcome. I just put in the SD so I won't forget later Smile

RE: Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? - Sleeprider - 02-10-2021

There are additional settings on the Vauto that can help. For example, you don't mention maximum pressure, or any of the Ti min/max or trigger cycle sensitivity. We usually leave those at default unless there is something we need to target. You will get used to OSCAR, and the links in my signature will help you organize charts and post the images as attachments.

RE: Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? - moodotkai - 02-10-2021

Okay. Thanks, Sleeprider. I saw some of those settings mentioned in other threads but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew if it's not needed just yet.

I think my main concern right now is getting used to the pressure so I can fall asleep with it tonight. It felt comfortable enough when I was fitting it and briefly testing the settings. But if I struggle to get to sleep with a min EPAP of 6, is that the value I should tweak first? My understanding is if you're starving for air you may need a higher minimum EPAP; if it's too much air, turn it down. Is that somewhat correct?

Sorry, I'm a noob but very eager to learn. Getting data from my first night should be helpful.

RE: Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay? - Sleeprider - 02-10-2021

Don't worry about it. I just wanted to be sure you had adequate maximum IPAP pressure. Once you post the first chart, you will nail it.