Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Mouth breathing vs AHI - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Mouth breathing vs AHI (/Thread-Mouth-breathing-vs-AHI)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - Captain Howdy - 02-14-2021

(02-14-2021, 05:08 AM)multicast Wrote: To be honest, considering your excessive leakage the data provided by the machine are rather worthless (as your therapy at the moment)
Appreciate the time you took to respond. What can you suggest I do to combat this?

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - multicast - 02-14-2021

As a start, try an FFM. Or tape your mouth.

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - Captain Howdy - 02-14-2021

(02-14-2021, 09:17 AM)multicast Wrote: As a start, try an FFM.  Or tape your mouth.

have tried the mouth tape - that freaked me the f**k out. Was waking up so anxious. 

Will try the FFM asap. Unfortunately we've been in lockdown, so they stopped all appointments and hiring of masks at the pharmacy i go to.

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - multicast - 02-15-2021

Show us a zoom of 2 or 3 minutes where the respiration rate is high, please.

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - Captain Howdy - 02-15-2021

(02-15-2021, 05:44 AM)multicast Wrote: Show us a zoom of 2 or 3 minutes where the respiration rate is high, please.

Can you give me instructions on how to do it plz? Bit of a newbie still

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - Sleeprider - 02-15-2021

Multicast is asking for a zoom of your flow rate with a 2 to 3 minute duration so that the individual respiratory wave is visible. To do this you can either click repeatedly on the location where you want to zoom in, or you can use the Events tab of the detail chart. At the bottom below events is a slider that lets you set the zoom in minutes. Just set that to 3-min and you can scroll left or right to get where you want to take the screenshot.

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - Captain Howdy - 02-15-2021

(02-15-2021, 08:38 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Multicast is asking for a zoom of your flow rate with a 2 to 3 minute duration so that the individual respiratory wave is visible.  To do this you can either click repeatedly on the location where you want to zoom in, or you can use the Events tab of the detail chart.  At the bottom below events is a slider that lets you set the zoom in minutes. Just set that to 3-min and you can scroll left or right to get where you want to take the screenshot.

Understood. I'll do that in the morning. Bedtime on this side of the world

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - Captain Howdy - 02-17-2021

Just had an appointment with the sleep doc. I tried on a bunch of FF masks, different sizes and variations. I have a month hire so I can test a few properly at home.  I settled on the dreamwear as it fit the best. 

The machine is set up. I've decided to drop the pressure a bit to get used to it. Any other starting tips? (apart from patience)

TIA

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - Captain Howdy - 02-21-2021

hello team. Just getting my new FF mask dialled in (phillips dream wear). I'm also using a SCC . Can you please read into this for me? I think its ok - but would love any feedback. TIA

ps. haven't updated the equipment info on OSCAR yet.

[attachment=30233]

RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI - Sleeprider - 02-21-2021

All I see is fixed pressure went from 10 to 9 and the difference is an increase in OA and decrease in hypopnea. Lots more of the variable breathing which is not a real thing. In my opinion you did better at 10 and we are seeing more airway destabilization, but the differences are minor. Your leak rate is half with the new mask.