Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Diagnosis] Review of OSCAR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Diagnosis] Review of OSCAR (/Thread-Diagnosis-Review-of-OSCAR)

Review of OSCAR - SLEEPHIL - 02-18-2021

Hi; Good day to all! I am new to this forum. Thanks for accepting me.

I have been a CPAP user since 2012 when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea with AHI of 60. When I started using CPAP machine - Philips Respironics System One REMstar Auto, my day got better and no more sleepy days. However, I did not bother checking my results and was just satisfied that I felt better after. However, few days ago I just came across OSCAR and got curious on how I am doing. Hence, I decided to join this forum and would like to share my OSCAR results. I am hoping if you could spare some time to review it and comment if there's anything else I need to do.

RE: Review of OSCAR - SarcasticDave94 - 02-18-2021

Welcome to Apnea Board,

It appears you're treated to Respironics fatal flaw in therapy. You're doing fairly well but it can be improved. Let's do these 2 things, try Flex of 2 and increase Min pressure to 7 for now. You'll likely need to head to 8.5 if we go by your stat report in the 95% pressure.

I'm supposing Flex from 2 generations ago may be similar to the newer DreamStation's. Flex 3 has been problematic.

Your Respironics has a slow algorithm and we need to set the pressure near that point so it's got pressure built-up before needed or this PAP misses lots of events. Conversely a ResMed would not miss as much because of a faster algorithm. You may also be due for a new machine soon, then it's a great idea to snag the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.

RE: Review of OSCAR - staceyburke - 02-18-2021

Welcome to the board. There are a lot of people here that can help. 

Dave beat me to it. I was going to say a min 8 flex 2. Your min number is to low to get decent therapy.

RE: Review of OSCAR - SLEEPHIL - 02-18-2021

(02-18-2021, 10:17 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome to Apnea Board,

It appears you're treated to Respironics fatal flaw in therapy. You're doing fairly well but it can be improved. Let's do these 2 things, try Flex of 2 and increase Min pressure to 7 for now. You'll likely need to head to 8.5 if we go by your stat report in the 95% pressure.

I'm supposing Flex from 2 generations ago may be similar to the newer DreamStation's. Flex 3 has been problematic.

Your Respironics has a slow algorithm and we need to set the pressure near that point so it's got pressure built-up before needed or this PAP misses lots of events. Conversely a ResMed would not miss as much because of a faster algorithm. You may also be due for a new machine soon, then it's a great idea to snag the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.

Thank you very much Dave for a very fast reply! I can try it tonight and will give my feedback tomorrow. Again, thanks!!!

(02-18-2021, 10:27 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Welcome to the board. There are a lot of people here that can help. 

Dave beat me to it. I was going to say a min 8 flex 2. Your min number is to low to get decent therapy.

Thank you Stacey!

RE: Review of OSCAR - SarcasticDave94 - 02-18-2021

You're welcome. Yes do let us know how it changes your therapy. Include OSCAR and your answer to how you feel.