Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
I'm back...and looking for some new baseline help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: I'm back...and looking for some new baseline help (/Thread-I-m-back-and-looking-for-some-new-baseline-help)

I'm back...and looking for some new baseline help - GrantT - 02-19-2021

So have not frequented the boards in some time, but find myself back and looking for some assistance in just setting up a new starting point to get things back on track.  Been using CPAP for 15 years or so I guess now...

History, I purchased a machine many years ago via the medical system, but really ended up being poorly supported by them and they could not seem to resolve issues (after spending a lot of money on machine, support etc). Went back with a new prescription for a reassessment recently, but without purchasing another new machine from them, they want to just start charging $$ which I do not have.  I am fully comfortable making adjustments to all menus on my machine.   I have a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - VPAP-S mode, currently at EPAP 4.2 IPAP 10.2   Purchased this machine new as it was 1/3 the cost the respiratory clinic wanted.  But hence, the lack of support from them.

So, no, I do not have a sleep study to reference.  I have generally mild sleep apnea - I can ALMOST sleep without the machine (can snore badly some nights, and others are not bad) but what I cannot seem to get through to the sleep clinic people is that I have poor sinuses and stuff up which I think causes some of my issues.  I would like is to get a fresh start and "reset" some base machine settings and then see how things progress from there and with your help, make slow adjustments to see what I can improve. 

I have many nights in a row where I have low AHI (less that 5.0), but then get some brutal nights where I have a ton of Clear Airway events and AHI as high as 33.  Does not seem to be any reason I can determine why it changes one night to another really.

Anyways, I'll post a few nights data here...would appreciate any ideas/suggestions for a reset - new starting values, machine mode, settings etc.  Just a "mild sleep apnea" base settings to start with...if that makes sense.

One question...the leak rates seems to somewhat align with the problem areas....is the biggest concern in my life at the moment a leaking mask? Am I reading that right and just need a different mask or better/tighter fit? I have had the same mask (type) for the last few years. Change out the pillows once every six months or so...

[attachment=30138]

[attachment=30136]

[attachment=30137]

RE: I'm back...and looking for some new baseline help - GrantT - 02-19-2021

This is why I am concerned...overall picture.  Last couple months something seems to be going on...(summary)

[attachment=30139]